The property is situated within the quiet hamlet of Avon, conveniently situated on the edge of both the Avon Valley and the New Forest National Park, betwixt the popular coastal town of Christchurch and the historic Market Town of Ringwood. Christchurch is approximately 4 miles to the South and offers an extensive range of independent and High Street shops, boutiques, restaurants, cafes, hotels and the beautiful harbour offering plenty of water based activities. The larger coastal towns of Bournemouth, Poole and Southampton are also close by, as are major transport links and award winning beaches. Christchurch has a mainline Railway Station as do Bournemouth and Southampton.
– Re thatched in March 2020
– Character features including exposed timber beams and inglenook fireplaces
– Entrance lobby giving access to the main living accommodation
– Triple aspect sitting room featuring an impressive inglenook fireplace with a Clearview wood-burning stove, exposed beams and attractive French Oak flooring
– Dining room also comprising an inglenook fireplace with wood-burning stove and exposed beams, with a staircase to the first floor and double door to:
– Conservatory with views over, and access to, the beautiful rear gardens
– Kitchen with double doors opening to the rear garden, finished with Karndean flooring. Fitted with a range of modern gloss-fronted units with Oroko work surfaces over, incorporating an inset electric hob and stainless-steel sink unit. Also comprising an extractor hood, stainless steel oven and grill, and spotlights
– Inner lobby giving access to the Cloakroom and Annexe/Studio
– Spacious landing with views of the garden and Avon Valley, with two built in storage cupboards
– Four first floor bedrooms; the master suite offering beautiful far reaching views to the rear and comprising a double built in wardrobe
– Family bathroom comprising a panelled bath, WC and wash basin
– Separate Shower room with corner shower cubicle, WC and wash basin
– Accessed via the conservatory, with UPVC double glazing views over the rear garden
– Living room/kitchen comprising a range of modern fitted units with an inset sink and built in double oven
– Finished with Kardene flooring which continues through Double Bedroom with fitted mirror-fronted wardrobe
– Lobby giving access to the modern wet room
– Self-contained, with access from the front of the property to the entrance hall (or can be integrated into the main house, with another access from the kitchen/inner lobby), with door to shower room
– Spacious sitting room/bedroom
– Kitchenette fitted with a contemporary range of gloss-front units with an inset sink and built in oven
To the front and side of the property, accessed via a five bar gate are substantial parking facilities for 8 cars. The rear garden is laid to a vast area of lawn with a fine selection of trees and shrubs, the garden enjoys a South westerly aspect and is a real delight, it features a raised decking area with a fully stocked pond, mature grapevines over, a greenhouse, a pergola, a wildlife pond and a hot tub, there are also two insulated Garden sheds. Furthermore, there is a double Garage with power and lighting, fitted with Dexion racking and a large 5 meter square log cabin with running water, electric, heating and air con unit.The property benefits from oil fired central heating and a thermal hot water solar panel, which combined with the use of 12V inverter powered air source heat pumps and 2 x substantial wood burners, and a 30 tube solar panel provide all the heat and hot water the property needs (weather depending).
Living in Bransgore
Bransgore is a bit of a secret. This village in the south-western corner of the New Forest has a good selection of facilities, strong community, and easy access to Dorset’s sandy beaches.
The parish also encompasses the adjacent village of Thorney Hill and a few charming, peaceful rural hamlets of country houses and thatched cottages, including Neacroft, Godwinscroft and Waterditch. In the centre of Bransgore is a convenient parade of useful shops (such as a bakery, cafe and Co-op) as well as a medical centre. There’s a well-used village hall with a sizeable recreation ground, supporting a number of clubs and activities, and a clutch of popular local dining inns including The Carpenter Arms, The Three Tuns and The Crown.
For families schooling is impressive with Bransgore Primary School rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and two well-regarded secondary schools at Ringwood (‘good overall and outstanding in its sixth form provision’) and Highcliffe (rated ‘good’). Property includes modern family homes on leafy roads, thatched cottages and Victorian and Edwardian country houses. As for travelling - there’s a mainline station a mile or so away at Hinton Admiral plus access to the A31 at Picket Post.
Looking for Estate Agents in Bransgore? Spencers are here to help.
- 4 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 3 Living Rooms:
Set in approximately half an acre, with beautiful far-reaching views of the Avon Valley, is this picturesque four-bedroom cottage offering superb versatile living accommodation. The property incorporates a separate annexe / studio flat and further comprises a modern detached one-bedroom bungalow, providing an excellent opportunity for multi-generational living. Dating back to the 18th century, this charming family home has previously been run as a B&B and village bakery, offering great income potential (subject to the necessary consents).
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street