– The property is situated in the sought-after area of Sandy Down, approximately two miles from both Brockenhurst and Lymington.
– Access to Roydon Woods and the open forest is only a short walk from the property.
– Roydon Woods is an area of ancient woodland designated a Site of Specific Scientific Interest (SSSI) that is managed by the Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust.
– Brockenhurst offers a variety of local shops, restaurants and a mainline railway station with direct service to London Waterloo in approximately 90 minutes.
– The Georgian market town of Lymington, famed for its Saturday market, river, marinas and yacht clubs, offers a more diverse range of shops, educational and leisure amenities.
The accommodation is as set out on the floorplan, but of particular note are the following:
– An impressive reception hallway with magnificent full height bay window and sweeping staircase to the galleried first floor landing.
– A magnificent open plan living area comprising an extremely spacious kitchen and breakfast room opening out to the garden and sitting room with feature inglenook fireplace.
– The beautifully appointed formal reception rooms enjoy high ceilings and delightful views over the spectacular grounds.
– A substantial, dual aspect, master bedroom suite comprising a dressing room, walk in wardrobe and bathroom with roll top bath is discreetly positioned away from the other bedrooms and enjoys an uninterrupted panorama over the grounds.
– A guest suite, four further double bedrooms of generous proportions, four with built in wardrobes and spacious family bathroom.
Energy Efficiency Rating: D Current: 55 Potential: 65
Council Tax Band: G
Mains water, gas and electricity, private drainage.
– The property is approached via a brick pillared entrance with electric security gates to a sweeping gravel driveway, whilst a second gated entrance could also be utilised to provide an elegant carriage style driveway approach.
– A three car garage complex and store room with additional loft space.
– An outdoor heated swimming pool with summer house.
– A substantial outbuilding suitable for garden machinery, a workshop and a separate home office or games room.
– Extensive terracing extends to the rear of the property ideal for alfresco entertaining from which wonderful views over the grounds can be enjoyed.
– Mature woodland area giving the formal gardens seclusion and privacy.
Living in Brockenhurst
It is Brockenhurst’s mainline station (service into London Waterloo approximately 90 minutes) that turns the dream of a country idyll into reality for those working up in London and makes Brockenhurst village a property hot spot.
Brockenhurst is the largest village in the New Forest, a thriving and lively mix of community and cachet, quality and quirky with all the necessary essentials of a proper working village - butcher, bakery and greengrocer, full quota of cafes and tea houses, plus services such as doctor, dentist and post office. Work into the equation the unexpected and the glamorous: premier golf course, luxurious spa and top restaurants such as The Pig (the first in the group of hip country house hotels) and Cambium (fine dining at Careys Manor)... It all makes Brockenhurst a gem in the heart of the Forest.
Property ranges from Edwardian villas to thatched timber-framed cottages, and imaginative new builds to old Forest lodges. Many properties have access or views to open Forest and almost all are within walking distance of the station. Looking for an Estate Agent in Brockenhurst? Spencers are here to help.
- 7 Bedrooms:
- 5 Bathrooms:
- 5 Living Rooms:
A substantial and elegant country residence dating back to the 1930s, recently extended and refurbished to the highest specification. Extending to over 7,000 sq ft and set in stunning, parkland style grounds of approximately seven acres, the property enjoys immaculate, versatile accommodation to include a magnificent master bedroom suite and self contained annexe. There is a heated swimming pool and garage complex. EPR: D
Spencers Lymington Office
- 01590 674 222
74 High Street