– Charming living room which benefits from a large front aspect and an open fire
– Impressive bright and airy sitting room, featuring a bay window and open fire
– Large kitchen/dining room with an island unit and breakfast bar
– Quality integrated appliances including a Rangemaster cooker
– Useful utility room which has door to side of the property and spaces for additional units
– Leading from the kitchen is a heated conservatory with French doors opening onto the rear garden
– Staircase rising to the first-floor accommodation
– Spacious master bedroom comprising double fitted wardrobes and an en-suite bathroom including a corner bath with an overhead shower, fully tiled walls and a heated towel rail
– Three further double bedrooms on the first floor, all of which have en-suite shower rooms
– Two additional double bedrooms situated on the second floor, both of which have access to eaves storage and are serviced by a shower room
Methuen Road is situated in the beautiful coastal town of Bournemouth, the property is ideally suited to family living, with the Malmesbury Park Primary School being situated within close proximity. Both Bournemouth Railway Station, Bournemouth Town Centre and the Asda superstore are within walking distance.
THE LOCAL AREA
The larger centre of Bournemouth is approximately 1.8 miles away, offering an extensive variety of shops, restaurants, cafés, bars and leisure facilities, and the stunning blue flag sandy beaches are just a further half a mile away. The A35 is easily accessible, providing links to Westbourne, Branksome and Poole Harbour (approximately 6 miles). For the commuter the A338 joins the A31 & M27 linking to Southampton (approximately 30 miles east), Winchester (via the M3) and London (via M3/M25). There is a mainline railway station in Bournemouth, and an international airport at nearby Hurn.
GROUNDS & GARDENS
The property is approached by a five-bar gate leading to a gravel driveway, providing a spacious off-road parking area for numerous vehicles. There is access to the rear gardens via a side gate; the gardens are mainly laid to lawn with a large patio area which is bordered by mature hedging, providing much privacy. Further benefiting from a large summerhouse which benefits from plumbing, power and lighting supply.
Energy Performance Rating: D Current: 62 Potential: 70
Council Tax Band: F
All mains services connected
Living in Christchurch
Christchurch is a delight; a harbourside town of character and charm located where the Avon and Stour rivers flow into Christchurch Harbour.
Positioned between Bournemouth and the New Forest, Christchurch is a lively town with mainline station and a good variety of independents and national brands (from Boots to Waitrose). It has become something of a foodie destination: chock-a-block with cafes, pubs, and restaurants, such as The Jetty on Mudeford Quay. It is also the venue for a popular food and wine festival that attracts some high profile chefs.
Other attractions include the priory, castle ruins, nature reserves, nearby beaches and Mudeford Quay with ferry service to Mudeford Spit (with iconic beach huts) and Hengistbury Head. A wide range of activities are available such as cricket, golf and watersports. Another boon for families are the schools – rated at least ‘good’ by Ofsted, while Christchurch Infant School, Mudeford Infant and Junior Schools and Twynham comprehensive are all graded ‘outstanding’.
An attractive range of property includes architect-designed new builds, fine Georgian houses and modern townhouses, some in waterside locations and with views across Christchurch Harbour.
Looking for an Estate Agent in Christchurch? Spencers are here to help.
- 6 Bedrooms:
- 6 Bathrooms:
- 3 Living Rooms:
*VIRTUAL VIEWING AVAILABLE - PLEASE CALL TO ARRANGE YOUR APPOINTMENT* - A substantial Edwardian period home which was built in 1929 and is situated amongst mature gardens on the edge of Bournemouth. This delightful home retains many original features as well as offering approximately 3,000sqft of accommodation across three floors, comprising a large kitchen/dining room, three generous reception rooms and six double bedrooms. Energy Performance Rating: D
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street