– Hardwood joinery throughout, attractive vaulted ceilings and exposed beams
– Entrance hall with tiled floor, access to the cloakroom and cloakroom/boot room
– Inner hall with oak flooring, continuing throughout the reception rooms
– Dining room comprising a gas coal-effect fireplace and doors opening onto the inner garden
– Impressive open-plan kitchen/family room with a triple aspect, also featuring doors to the garden and a stylish wood-burning stove
– Superb Harvey Jones kitchen (installed 2012 – with remainder of warranty) comprising numerous fitted units and Corian work surfaces
– Integrated appliances including; two Neff ovens, one warming drawer, Smeg hob (2019), dishwasher (2018), Qooker instant boiling water tap
– Matching central island unit incorporating a wine fridge and food preparation sink with flexi-hose tap
– Spacious double aspect living room featuring a brick fireplace with large wood-burning stove and illuminated, recessed shelves
– Library/TV room with a dual aspect comprising a brick fireplace with wood burning stove and Oak mantel
– On the ground floor there is a separate laundry room with plumbing and venting for a tumble dryer and fitted water softener as well as further fitted units
– Bedroom 1 (first floor) with beautiful far reaching views and an en-suite bathroom, comprising; bath with shower attachment, WC and vanity unit with moulded Corian top and inset basin
– Four further double bedrooms, bedroom two with an en-suite bathroom and bedroom three with Jack and Jill doors to the family shower room, comprising a large walk-in shower cubicle
– All bedrooms with beautiful rural views
GROUNDS & GARDENS
An electric five bar gate gives access to the extensive gravel drive, which sweeps past a large central lawn to the timber double garage, with two electric up-and-over doors and an adjoining workshop/store. Further outbuildings include; a large brick and timber storage barn with concrete floor, slate roof and full height double doors on two sides and a brick-built piggery consisting of three pigsties’ (currently utilised as a log store).
The gardens amount to 1.35 acres and offer beautiful far-reaching views across the surrounding countryside. The house centres upon a pretty central courtyard featuring a flagstone terrace (with shade provided by an electric awning), and a revolving ‘Amdega’ summerhouse, taking advantage of the wonderful outlook. Here, there is a second entrance to the property via a five-bar gate. The remainder of the gardens are mainly laid to lawn, with mature shrub beds and trees. The gardens also comprise: an attractive large pond edged with grasses, reeds, bamboo and Gunnera; four raised beds for planting flowers and vegetables and a fruit cage; and a yard housing the greenhouse. A laurel hedge conceals a second oil tank and compost heaps.
Energy Performance Rating: D Current: 57 Potential: 70
Council Tax Band: G
Mains electricity and water
The property is conveniently located in the idyllic rural village of Breamore, which has its own popular local pub, and delightful primary school, with the secondary school nearby at Burgate. The nearby village of Woodgreen (approximately 1 mile away) features an award winning community shop and a well-regarded local pub. Fordingbridge town centre is approximately 2 miles away, providing numerous shops and amenities. Other highly regarded schools within the locality include; Trafalgar School, Hampshire Collegiate School, Chafyn Grove, Salisbury Cathedral School, South Wilts Grammar School for Girls, Godolphin and Bishop Wordsworths. The historic city of Salisbury is approximately 8 miles north via the easily accessible A338, offering a wonderful array of high street and independent shops, cafes and restaurants, and the charming market town of Ringwood is just 8 miles south. The surrounding New Forest is a beautiful, renowned National Park consisting of approximately 140,000 aces of natural Heath and woodland ideal for walking, cycling and particularly riding for the equestrian enthusiast.
Living in Fordingbridge
Fordingbridge, with its distinctive seven arch bridge spanning the River Avon, rewards discovery. This former market town enjoys an idyllic location between the heath and woodland of the New Forest and rolling chalk downlands of Cranborne Chase. The Avon Valley long-distance footpath from Salisbury to Christchurch runs through the town, meandering beside the Avon. Round and about are some of the loveliest villages, including Rockbourne with the remains of a Roman villa and good, popular pub, the Rose & Thistle, and delightful Breamore with its picturesque Marsh (surviving manorial green) and Elizabethan manor house.
Fordingbridge itself has a high street of interesting independents including an art gallery, architectural salvage yard (a great resource with treasures such as Victorian fireplaces), bookshop and boutiques, and essentials such as butchers and bakers. There’s also a great selection of pubs and restaurants in the area, such as The George in Fordingbridge, The Three Lions at Stuckton and The Foresters at Frogham.
Property in Fordingbridge and surrounding area represents good value for the New Forest and includes character cottages and modern family homes. Families are also attracted by the well-regarded independent schools of Forres Sandle Manor and Moyles Court.
Fordingbridge is positioned just off the main Salisbury to Christchurch Road, so there’s reasonable access to the road networks - including A31 at Ringwood.
Looking for an Estate Agent in Fordingbridge? Spencers are here to help.
- 5 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 3 Living Rooms:
*VIRTUAL VIEWING AVAILABLE - PLEASE CALL TO ARRANGE YOUR APPOINTMENT* - A stunning 4,000sqft converted dairy set within beautifully landscaped grounds amounting to approximately 1.35 acres, boasting panoramic countryside views and featuring a 360-degree rotating summerhouse. Formerly a dairy farm, this individual home was converted in 1994 and comprises five bedrooms, three reception rooms and an impressive kitchen/breakfast room; the living accommodation featuring vaulted ceilings and exposed beams. The property is located in the picturesque hamlet of Breamore, adjacent to a site of Special Scientific Interest, within walking distance of the local primary school and public house and just two miles from numerous amenities in the nearby town of Fordingbridge. Energy Performance Rating: D
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street