The property occupies a fine corner position in a most sought after location with access to the forest at Burley Road and within five minutes’ walk from the Church and village centre. The mainline railway station with its direct links to London (Waterloo 90 minutes) is only a ten minute walk from the property. The village of Brockenhurst provides a good local community of shops and restaurants.
The picturesque village of Beaulieu lies 7 miles to the east with the marina of Bucklers Hard on the Beaulieu River. Approximately 4 miles to the south is the Georgian market town of Lymington with its extensive yachting facilities and its famous Saturday county market. To the north is the village of Lyndhurst and Junction 1 of the M27 motorway which links to the M3 giving access to London.
An outstanding detached family residence offering an elegant fusion of modern and character features in a prime Brockenhurst location, close to the centre of Brockenhurst and the open forest.
The beautifully appointed ground floor layout has been enlarged and completely reconfigured by the current owners and now offers a wonderful, free flowing layout befitting the requirements of a modern day lifestyle.
To the ground floor, an entrance porch opens into a hallway providing access to the principle ground floor accommodation which includes a magnificent double aspect, open plan kitchen/family/dining room with newly fitted kitchen and bi-fold doors opening onto the terrace and garden.
Set off the kitchen is a good size utility room and a boot room providing access to a shower room and the main garden.
Further rooms to this level include a double aspect drawing room with two sets of double doors opening to the front aspect, a double aspect games room and a wc.
To the first floor, a galleried landing area links to the master bedroom suite with en-suite shower room and dedicated dressing room, four further bedrooms, a family bathroom and a separate shower room. All the bedrooms benefit from good ceiling heights and overlook various parts of the gardens. A loft hatch with pull down ladder provides access to a large storage/attic room.
Specification / Works completed to House:
– New roof and guttering
– New front door replica replacement of the original
– Double glazed wooden windows, with leaded lights towards the front
– 3 new aluminium patio doors
– 2 sets of aluminium bifold doors (3 door and 5 door) opening onto the patio
– Masterclass kitchen with larder cupboard and CRL quartz worktop
– Roof lantern above the kitchen, with automatic opener / rain sensor / solar control glass
– 5 ring gas hob (with electrics installed if required)
– Large kitchen, shower room, boot room extension with underfloor heating, porcelain tiles
– Kitchen converted into large study with new wood burner
– Sanded and sealed the original oak wooden flooring
– 2 New shower room (upstairs and downstairs) with Porcelanosa tiles
– In addition to extensive extension, planning permission granted for second storey extension which would give stair access to large loft area.
– Beam installed in extension in readiness for double story
Grounds & Gardens
The lovely gardens and grounds are a major feature of the property and are mainly laid to lawn and flanked by established tree and hedge borders. An electric gate opens onto a driveway providing off road parking for a number of vehicles. The grounds have been cleverly apportioned into different areas of interest and extend in total to approximately three quarters of an acre.
– New electrically operated wooden 5’6″ gate
– Stables refurbished (including roof) with separate security alarm
– Climbing frame (2 x slide, 2 x swings, split level)
– Greenhouse 11’x8′
– Wooden shed 16’x10′
– Netted area of premium raised vegetable garden (8 beds: 2.4m x 1.2m) with irrigation system
– Fruit tree hedge consisting of 15 plants
– Wildflower meadow
– Cherry tree avenue
– Two moon gate arches
– Pleached Hornbeam screen
– Tumbled silver travertine stone patio and path
– 3 new soak-aways for good rain drainage and two new French drains
– Extensive hardstanding areas near stables for additional parking, boats, caravans etc
– Outside dog / boot shower with hot / cold water
– Raised pool 16’x16′ with two Endless Pools Swimming Jets and in water powered treadmill. Pool has inline bromine dosing, sand filter and air source heat pump. Pool has integrated electrically operated security cover which only opens with a key
– 6′ Canadian cedar hot tub from Riviera Hot Tubs
– Extensive professionally designed landscaped garden with range arches, water feature, lots of shrubs and flowers throughout the seasons – including over 300 tulips and other spring bulbs.
– Extensive decking around the pool and hot tub, with feature path connecting the decking to the house – using millboard, which is top of the range, long lasting and very low maintenance
– New sweeping driveway surrounded by plants to parking area for 4 cars in front of the house
Living in Brockenhurst
It is Brockenhurst’s mainline station (service into London Waterloo approximately 90 minutes) that turns the dream of a country idyll into reality for those working up in London and makes Brockenhurst village a property hot spot.
Brockenhurst is the largest village in the New Forest, a thriving and lively mix of community and cachet, quality and quirky with all the necessary essentials of a proper working village - butcher, bakery and greengrocer, full quota of cafes and tea houses, plus services such as doctor, dentist and post office. Work into the equation the unexpected and the glamorous: premier golf course, luxurious spa and top restaurants such as The Pig (the first in the group of hip country house hotels) and Cambium (fine dining at Careys Manor)... It all makes Brockenhurst a gem in the heart of the Forest.
Property ranges from Edwardian villas to thatched timber-framed cottages, and imaginative new builds to old Forest lodges. Many properties have access or views to open Forest and almost all are within walking distance of the station. Looking for an Estate Agent in Brockenhurst? Spencers are here to help.
- 5 Bedrooms:
- 4 Bathrooms:
- 4 Living Rooms:
A stunning, recently refurbished five bedroom detached period residence occupying a prime position within the village of Brockenhurst. The property has been finished to a high specification throughout and is set within mature grounds of approximately three-quarters of an acre fronting onto the forest at Burley Road. EPR: D
Spencers Brockenhurst Office
- 01590 622 551
56 Brookley Road