Little Bisterne lies about 1 mile from the centre of, arguably, one of the most beautiful and sought after villages in The New Forest, ideally situated to make full use of all the wonderful facilities the Forest has to offer. Whether it be sailing at nearby Lymington (12 miles) or golf at one of the many courses in the area including Brockenhurst with its’ mainline railway station (8 miles, Waterloo 90 minutes.) The market town of Ringwood is but a short drive away (5 miles). The larger shopping towns of Southampton (20 miles) to the east and Bournemouth (16 miles) to the west, both with their airports are easily accessible.
– Covered Entrance Porch – solid oak front door.
– Reception Hall – Exposed and polished oak floor and a curving stairwell ascending to a Minstrels gallery overlooking the reception hall. Double doors opening out onto the rear decking and garden.
– Drawing Room – Two sets of doors leading through to the rear decking and affording delightful views over the garden. Large contemporary fireplace with windows either side overlooking the front elevation.
– Dining Room – Exposed polished oak floor and double doors leading out to the rear decking.
– Kitchen/Breakfast Room – Double aspect room fully fitted with a range of bespoke kitchen units and granite worksurfaces incorporating a range style cooker with extractor unit over, built-in dishwasher, stainless steel sink area, American style fridge/freezer, dresser unit and a central island unit. There is also a door opening to the side garden/courtyard.
– Home Office/Study – Built-in bespoke office furniture allowing two workstations and a window to the front overlooking the open forest.
– Utility Room – Fitted with a range of built-in units incorporating a stainless steel sink, ample space for domestic appliances, floor standing gas fired boiler, storage cupboards and a door leading to a large laundry cupboard.
– Library/Cinema Room – Double aspect with windows to the front and side overlooking a delightful area of wooded forest. Extensive range of built-in bookshelves and storage cupboards.
– Large Cloaks Storage Cupboard and Cloakroom – Low level flush WC and wash hand basin.
– Swimming Pool Complex – Fully heated ‘L’ shaped swimming pool and walk-in shower cubicle, two sets of double doors opening to the rear gardens, large windows to the side and a lantern style window to the roof.
– Double Garage – Up and over door and power and light.
– Galleried Landing – Access to roof space and large picture window overlooking the front elevation and forest.
– Principal Bedroom Suite – Large, double aspect bedroom area with windows overlooking the gardens. Full range of built-in bespoke bedroom furniture and en-suite bathroom comprising a full suite of large shower cubicle, bidet, low level WC, twin wash hand basins in vanity unit and large Jacuzzi style bath.
– Bedroom Two – Window overlooking the rear garden and En-suite bathroom comprising low level WC, bidet, shower cubicle, panelled bath and pedestal wash hand basin with a window to the rear.
– Bedroom Three – Double aspect room enjoying views over the rear garden and to the side over the forest.
– Bedroom Four – Double room with a window to the front overlooking the forest.
– Family Bathroom – Comprising a panelled bath with shower fitments over, pedestal wash hand basin, bidet, low level WC and a window to the rear.
A private rear access door leads to the self-contained annexe which is set across two floors. The ground floor comprises a fully fitted kitchen/dining room with windows overlooking a private garden area to the side and the open forest to the front. A turning staircase leads to the first floor accommodation which incorporates a sitting room with a window to the front and Velux window to the rear, a bedroom with a window to the front and a bathroom with a panelled bath, shower cubicle, wash hand basin, low level WC and bidet. Opposite to the bathroom is a large walk-in storage cupboard.
The property is approached via a delightful forest track giving access only to Little Bisterne. The property is bounded on this side by a post and rail fence and cattle grid leading to the front gravel driveway area and in turn to the double garage which has an electric up and over door, power and light.To the rear the south facing gardens have been beautifully landscaped and maintained incorporating many custom built features including a spectacular semi-circular decking area immediately to the rear of the property, with surrounding semi-circular water feature with bridge over. A large mound has been created with tunnels running through the centre leading to a central room. The mound also incorporates a stunning water feature with waterfall. Pebble pathways lead through the gardens with adjoining swathes of lawn bordered by mature shrub and plant borders. Immediately to the rear of the pool area is a small area of decking and to the far corner of the garden is a large timber coach house ideal as a further home office and workshop/garage area. In total, the gardens and grounds attributed to the property extend to approximately 1 acre.
Living in Burley
The first Spencers New Forest office was established here in Burley, a honeypot village that feels untouched by time with its traditional cafes, cider farm, gift shops and tales of old smuggling routes, witches and dragons.
This is the New Forest on holiday as imagined by visitors: quaint and old-fashioned with ponies wandering down the high street. In Burley there’s a perpetual feeling of having escaped, that you are away from it all, especially as it is tucked in the lee of wooded slopes.
In fact Burley has easy access to the A31 (across heathland with spectacular views) and routes west to Bournemouth and east to Southampton, while the mainline station at Brockenhurst is only a short drive away across the Forest.
There’s a lovely sense of community in Burley and it is noticeable that once people move here many are reluctant to move out of the area. A range of activities to enjoy locally includes cycling, horse riding, coarse fishing and Burley Golf Club with a nine-hole heathland course.
The property market is dominated by picturesque thatched cottages and large country homes that feel discreetly hidden away, many with access to open Forest.
Looking for an Estate Agent in Burley? Spencers are here to help.
£2,000,000 Offers in excess of
- 5 Bedrooms:
- 4 Bathrooms:
- 5 Living Rooms:
A truly magnificent family residence occupying a prime position on Bisterne Close, with direct forest access and grounds extending to approximately 1 acre. This lovely property offers beautifully appointed accommodation extending to in excess of 6000 square feet and further benefits from an indoor swimming pool complex and an adjoining one bedroom annexe. EPC:D.
Spencers Burley Office
- 01425 404 088