The property is approached via a gravel driveway, providing plenty of off-road parking alongside a lawned front garden with a panelled fence boundary. To the side of the property, access is provided to the rear garden; which is mainly laid to lawn and is complemented by a generous Indian sandstone terrace. The rear garden houses two garden sheds; the boundaries are formed partly by panelled fencing and low hedging, with a gate leading to the adjoining field.
Energy Performance Rating: F Current: 27 Potential: 72
Council Tax Band: C
– Entrance hall with engineered oak flooring, an under stairs storage cupboard and a staircase to the first-floor accommodation
– Ground-floor bathroom comprising a modern three-piece suite with a wall-mounted electric shower and a folding shower screen
– Spacious dining room to the front aspect with engineered oak flooring
– Living room which lies to the rear-aspect, featuring an attractive cast iron fireplace with an Adam-style surround and pleasant views
– Generous kitchen/breakfast room offering an excellent range of base, wall and drawer units, ample work surfaces, Terracotta-style tiled flooring, a Belfast sink unit with a chrome flexible tap, a wall-mounted boiler (LPG gas), space and plumbing for a dishwasher, tumble dryer and washing machine, space for a table and chairs and French doors leading to the garden
– Built-in appliances include a leisure Rangemaster with two ovens, a grill and a five-ring ceramic hob with an extractor hood over
– Impressive master bedroom benefiting from an en-suite shower room, built-in wardrobes and far-reaching views over the fields beyond
– Bedroom 2 is situated to the rear-aspect and has built-in wardrobes and space for drawer units
– Second-floor bedroom which lies to the rear aspect, benefiting from stunning elevated views and a walk-in dressing room
– Second-floor bathroom comprising an oversized shower cubicle, wash-hand basin and a close-coupled WC
Damerham is a small pretty village on the edge of the River Allen and is north west of Fordingbridge town. Village amenities include a Primary School, Shop, Post Office, Public House, Village Hall and Church. The beautiful New Forest National Park offers 140,000 acres of heathland and is a haven for outdoor pursuits including cycling, walking and horse riding. The New Forest town of Fordingbridge is only a short drive along the A338 and the market town of Ringwood, both towns offer a superb range of restaurants and shopping facilities. There are also excellent state and private schools in the area. Salisbury, Southampton and Bournemouth are all less than half an hour away. Southampton Airport is a 30 minute drive across the Forest with twice hourly trains to London Waterloo, taking about 70 minutes. Alternatively, London is approximately a two hour drive – via the M27 & M3.
Living in Fordingbridge
Fordingbridge, with its distinctive seven arch bridge spanning the River Avon, rewards discovery. This former market town enjoys an idyllic location between the heath and woodland of the New Forest and rolling chalk downlands of Cranborne Chase. The Avon Valley long-distance footpath from Salisbury to Christchurch runs through the town, meandering beside the Avon. Round and about are some of the loveliest villages, including Rockbourne with the remains of a Roman villa and good, popular pub, the Rose & Thistle, and delightful Breamore with its picturesque Marsh (surviving manorial green) and Elizabethan manor house.
Fordingbridge itself has a high street of interesting independents including an art gallery, architectural salvage yard (a great resource with treasures such as Victorian fireplaces), bookshop and boutiques, and essentials such as butchers and bakers. There’s also a great selection of pubs and restaurants in the area, such as The George in Fordingbridge, The Three Lions at Stuckton and The Foresters at Frogham.
Property in Fordingbridge and surrounding area represents good value for the New Forest and includes character cottages and modern family homes. Families are also attracted by the well-regarded independent schools of Forres Sandle Manor and Moyles Court.
Fordingbridge is positioned just off the main Salisbury to Christchurch Road, so there’s reasonable access to the road networks - including A31 at Ringwood.
Looking for an Estate Agent in Fordingbridge? Spencers are here to help.
- 4 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 2 Living Rooms:
NO FORWARD CHAIN - A beautifully presented four-bedroom semi-detached house which is situated in a quiet village location, backing onto rolling fields, affording stunning rural views. This desirable home has undergone a considerable refurbishment programme, including a loft conversion which has ideally provided an additional bedroom with a dressing room.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street