A pleasant and established residential road within a short walk of the
town centre of Ferndown. This town offers a good range of shops,
leisure facilities, cafes, restaurants and a championship golf course. Excellent
road links provide convenient access to the larger coastal towns of
Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole, with their beautiful beaches (approx.
10 miles south), and the easily accessible A31 provides links to the
historic market town of Ringwood and the beautiful New Forest (approx.
6 miles east) offering thousands of acres of natural heath and woodland.
Southampton is approximately 25 miles east (via the M27). There are
airports at both Southampton and Bournemouth.
– Generous reception hall with stairs to first floor accommodation
– Ground floor cloakroom
– Casement doors to double aspect lounge with tall ceilings and a built in woodburning stove
– Separate dining room/day room to front aspect with bay window
– Open plan kitchen/breakfast room with an excellent range of built in base, wall and drawer units with ample work surfaces over
– Built in appliances include two electric ovens, an electric hob and a built in dishwasher
– Space for table and chairs
– Separate utility room with additional storage, space and plumbing for a washing machine and dryer
– Adjoining boot room and wall mounted gas boiler supplying gas central heating and hot water
– Adjoining conservatory which provides additional living space
– Stairs from main entrance hall to a large first floor landing with a large airing cupboard
– Four first floor generous sized bedrooms, two of which have built in wardrobes
– Two modern and stylish shower rooms and one en-suite with Jack and Jill doors
– Study to front aspect
– Stairs to second floor bedroom with built in bedroom furniture and en-suite bathroom with a modern three piece suite
– The property is approached by a long sweeping drive which leads to a large parking forecourt
– Double gates at the side lead to a side courtyard with additional space and a double length garage
– The rear gardens are mainly laid to lawn with boundaries formed by mature hedging
– There are some flowering borders and some small ground covering plants and shrubs and a terrace which lies adjacent to the rear of the property
Energy Performance Rating: C
Council Tax Band: G
All mains services connected
Living in Ferndown
Ferndown is a thriving town with a village feel. Positioned midway between the market towns of Ringwood and Wimborne Minster, the location is spot on for those who enjoy outdoors life. Ferndown is surrounded by open countryside and woodland: the New Forest to the east, Cranborne Chase to the north and west, while the coast is to the south. The name is derived from the Anglo-Saxon for wooded hill and the area is still green and leafy. Open spaces include Ferndown Common and Parley Common, totalling 526 acres of heathland, and woodland plantations of Ferndown Forest and West Moors, all criss-crossed by footpaths including long distance Stour Valley Way.
Ferndown is well known for its excellent golf courses, among them Ferndown Golf Club (favoured by Peter Allis), picturesque Ferndown Forest Golf Club, and the Championship Course at Dudsbury Golf Club. Further outstanding facilities include King George V Playing Fields with boules court, bowling green, cricket pitch, croquet lawn, four football pitches, six tennis courts and skateboard park. In town Ferndown Leisure Centre has swimming pools, gym, squash courts and sports hall. Out of town Moors Valley Country Park offers 1,000 acres of forest and heathland with cycle routes, tree top trail, golf course and more.
Overall, Ferndown’s focus is on leisure, a comfortable lifestyle and community. The town centre includes a modern shopping complex and a mix of high street names, superstores and quality independents including butcher, baker and greengrocer. A selection of cafes, pub and restaurants includes highly recommended The Kings Arms at Longham and The Pear at Parley.
Transport links are good, too. The A31 skirts Ferndown to the north, running east to the M27 and M3. Bournemouth Station is seven miles away (London in approximately two hours) and Bournemouth Airport is four miles.
£699,950 Guide Price
- 5 Bedrooms:
- 4 Bathrooms:
- 2 Living Rooms:
A very spacious five bedroom detached family home built in the 1920s which is conveniently located within a short walk of the town centre of Ferndown.
The accommodation benefits from lovely tall ceilings, two reception rooms, and a generous kitchen/dining room with an adjoining conservatory.
Upstairs there are five bedrooms over two floors, along with four bathrooms and a study. Outside there is plenty of off road parking and a sizeable rear garden with a double length garage.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street