– Pretty rear gardens set to the rear aspect, benefiting from pleasant river views
– Raised terrace area surrounded by a low brick wall, with steps leading up to a raised decking area
– Additional garden space which is partly laid to lawn with flower and shrub borders, raised vegetable beds and housing a garden shed
– Access to steps leading down to the cellar
Please note: the property is being sold with a garage which is located nearby and offers off-street parking.
Energy Performance Rating: N/A
Council Tax Band: D
All mains serviced connected
This attractive character home is conveniently located on the edge of the town centre of Fordingbridge with a good range of local shops, supermarket, cafés, restaurants and also excellent local schools. The popular market town of Ringwood is approximately 7 miles distant, offering an excellent variety of shopping facilities, boutiques, cafes and restaurants as well as two supermarkets and two leisure centres. The easily accessible A338 links to the cathedral city of Salisbury (approximately 8 miles north) which has a mainline railway station direct to Waterloo, London. There are international airports at both Bournemouth and Southampton.
– Entrance hall featuring original Flagstone flooring with an elegant curved Georgian period staircase which rises to two floors
– Spacious inner hall/snug which features exposed floor timbers, space for a sofa/chaise lounge and French doors leading to a small rear entrance vestibule; could also be utilised as a study
– Bright and airy living room which features a Regency style fireplace with an exposed red brick on the inside, a cast iron stove set upon a quarry tiled hearth and pleasant views over the River Avon
– Connecting door leading to the utility room which houses a cloakroom and provides access to a small wine cellar
– Generous kitchen/dining room which has fully tiled period-style flooring, a range-style cooker with a five-ring gas hob and a large electric oven, built-in Belfast sink with storage underneath and a wooden work top over and plenty of space for free-standing furniture and further appliances
– A beautifully restored staircase leads to the first-floor landing, giving access to three first bedrooms
– Master bedroom benefiting from a pleasant rear aspect with a river view; also offering exposed floorboards, built-in wardrobe space and an original cast iron fireplace
– Bedroom 2 is situated to the front aspect and is generous in size room
– Bedroom 3, which is situated to the rear aspect and is currently utilised as a study
– A further staircase rising to the second-floor landing
– Bedroom 4 and 5 feature attractive Herringbone wooden flooring; with the larger bedroom housing a built-in wardrobe and useful storage area
Living in Fordingbridge
Fordingbridge, with its distinctive seven arch bridge spanning the River Avon, rewards discovery. This former market town enjoys an idyllic location between the heath and woodland of the New Forest and rolling chalk downlands of Cranborne Chase. The Avon Valley long-distance footpath from Salisbury to Christchurch runs through the town, meandering beside the Avon. Round and about are some of the loveliest villages, including Rockbourne with the remains of a Roman villa and good, popular pub, the Rose & Thistle, and delightful Breamore with its picturesque Marsh (surviving manorial green) and Elizabethan manor house.
Fordingbridge itself has a high street of interesting independents including an art gallery, architectural salvage yard (a great resource with treasures such as Victorian fireplaces), bookshop and boutiques, and essentials such as butchers and bakers. There’s also a great selection of pubs and restaurants in the area, such as The George in Fordingbridge, The Three Lions at Stuckton and The Foresters at Frogham.
Property in Fordingbridge and surrounding area represents good value for the New Forest and includes character cottages and modern family homes. Families are also attracted by the well-regarded independent schools of Forres Sandle Manor and Moyles Court.
Fordingbridge is positioned just off the main Salisbury to Christchurch Road, so there’s reasonable access to the road networks - including A31 at Ringwood.
Looking for an Estate Agent in Fordingbridge? Spencers are here to help.
- 5 Bedrooms:
- 2 Bathrooms:
- 2 Living Rooms:
RIVER VIEWS - A beautifully restored and extended three-storey four/five-bedroom Georgian house which is ideally situated in the town centre of Fordingbridge, close to shops and amenities. This deceptively spacious terraced home amounts to approximately 2000sqft, whilst retaining many of the original period features and is nicely positioned, overlooking the River Avon to the rear.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street