This desirable home is situated in the beautiful village of Frogham, which is situated in the parish of Hyde and is only 1.3 miles from the town of Fordingbridge. The market town of Ringwood is a short drive away, offering a superb range of shops, boutiques cafes and restaurants as well as good access via the A31 to both Bournemouth and Southampton. The village of Frogham forms part of the New Forest National Park, which offers 140,000 acres of open heath and woodland; perfect for outdoor pursuits including walking, riding and has the convenience of a quality local pub, the Forrester’s Arms. The larger city of Salisbury is approximately 8 miles away, offering a mainline railway station running to London Waterloo in just under 90 minutes. There are excellent schools, both state and private, in the area. The nearest airports are Hurn (Bournemouth) and Eastleigh (Southampton).
– A covered entrance approach to entrance hall with stairs to the first floor landing
– Modern and stylish fitted kitchen with an excellent range of fitted units with quartz work-tops over. Integrated appliances include a dishwasher, fridge/freezer, induction hob with extractor over and electric double oven with microwave. Featuring LED lighting and tiled floors.
– Separate utility room (attached to garage) comprising a further range of units with work tops over and an additional sink. Space and plumbing for a washing machine and dryer
– Beautiful Green Oak framed garden room comprising attractively tiled floors benefiting from underfloor heating; ideal as a dining room with lovely views over the rear gardens
– Ground floor study/bedroom four with built-in cupboards and an en-suite shower room with a modern three piece suite
– A bright and spacious lounge with a pleasant aspect to the rear and a built in wood-burning stove
– Three first floor bedrooms: the master bedroom with a triple aspect; bedroom two overlooking the rear gardens and the third comprising built in wardrobes
– Family bathroom with a modern three piece suite including a panelled bath and shower attachment, WC and wash basin
The property is approached along a gravel drive which leads to a five bar gate, giving access to a large gravel driveway with parking for several vehicles and a detached double garage and useful log store.
The front gardens have been attractively landscaped with well-stocked flowering borders and a picket gate leading through to the rear gardens. The rear gardens are laid to lawn and edged by flowering borders, ground covering plants and some small specimen trees and roses. A terrace lies adjacent to the rear of the property with a pergola. Summer house and garden shed.
Living in Fordingbridge
Fordingbridge, with its distinctive seven arch bridge spanning the River Avon, rewards discovery. This former market town enjoys an idyllic location between the heath and woodland of the New Forest and rolling chalk downlands of Cranborne Chase. The Avon Valley long-distance footpath from Salisbury to Christchurch runs through the town, meandering beside the Avon. Round and about are some of the loveliest villages, including Rockbourne with the remains of a Roman villa and good, popular pub, the Rose & Thistle, and delightful Breamore with its picturesque Marsh (surviving manorial green) and Elizabethan manor house.
Fordingbridge itself has a high street of interesting independents including an art gallery, architectural salvage yard (a great resource with treasures such as Victorian fireplaces), bookshop and boutiques, and essentials such as butchers and bakers. There’s also a great selection of pubs and restaurants in the area, such as The George in Fordingbridge, The Three Lions at Stuckton and The Foresters at Frogham.
Property in Fordingbridge and surrounding area represents good value for the New Forest and includes character cottages and modern family homes. Families are also attracted by the well-regarded independent schools of Forres Sandle Manor and Moyles Court.
Fordingbridge is positioned just off the main Salisbury to Christchurch Road, so there’s reasonable access to the road networks - including A31 at Ringwood.
Looking for an Estate Agent in Fordingbridge? Spencers are here to help.
- 3 Bedrooms:
- 2 Bathrooms:
- 2 Living Rooms:
A charming three/four bedroom detached thatched cottage situated in the picturesque New Forest village of Frogham. Built to the highest standards in 2003 this beautifully presented home features a stunning Oak framed garden room with underfloor heating, a modern and stylish kitchen, a lounge with built in wood burning stove and bespoke built solid wood internal doors also benefiting from a groundfloor bedroom with modern en-suite. Set in attractive and established gardens with a double garage and an adjoining utility room, this idyllic New Forest home is offered with no forward chain.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street