The property can be accessed by two gated (front being electric) entrances via long, sweeping drives, which lead to a superb parking area and central turning circle, and a detached quadruple garage complex: comprising the plant room and a large first-floor studio.
The breath-taking gardens consist of extensive sweeping lawns interspersed with beautiful mature trees, providing natural shade from the sunny open-aspect. A large raised terrace lies to the rear and side of the house, offering a wonderful entertaining space providing spectacular views of the lake from every aspect. The 16.8m x 8.3m heated swimming pool, with electric cover and adjacent all-weather tennis court are easily visible and accessible from the main house. The grounds also consist of a Par 3 golf hole with stunning far reaching views, a children’s play area, post and rail pasture and enchanting woodland, all amounting to 20.8 acres.
Outbuildings include: a spectacular oak-framed barn housing a kitchen, bathroom and dual mezzanine areas; gardeners office and store; and open-bay storage/machinery barns. Furthermore, for the equestrian enthusiast there are 4 stables and a tack room, with direct access from the property to prime New Forest riding.
Oak framed party and entertainment space with a variety of potential uses such as :
– Home Office
– Party Barn
– Yoga Studio / Home Gym
– Venue for events
– Games Room
Kitchen and bathroom facilities as well as additional mezzanine space at both ends.
There is also an attached block of 4 stables and a tack room, adjacent to paddocks of four acres.
The property is located in the highly sought after and picturesque New Forest location of Rockford Common, within the New Forest National Park. This beautiful semi-rural location offers thousands of acres of heath and woodland for a variety of outdoor pursuits, particularly bike and horse riding. There is a popular country pub in nearby Rockford and convenient access to excellent private and state schools.
Locally there are two of England’s finest golf courses (Ferndown and Remedy Oak) and access to Yachting and Boating quays (Lymington). Southampton Airport Parkway Railway Station is easily accessible via A31/M27 and provides access to Waterloo within 1 hour. Bournemouth International Airport is conveniently located just 10 miles south of the property.
– Stunning vaulted entrance/dining hall with a curved staircase to the first floor and a southerly aspect view across Blashford Lakes
– South-Westerly facing kitchen/breakfast room comprising a Smallbone of Devizes bespoke oak kitchen with granite worktops, two oven AGA with electric AGA companion and Miele appliances throughout
– Elegant drawing room featuring an attractive stone fireplace and concealed cinema screen and projector, finished with beautiful parquet flooring throughout
– Contemporary family room with integrated 4K television and a feature brick fireplace with log burner
– Impressive games room with an integrated 4K television
– Luxurious master bedroom suite with quality fitted en-suite bathroom and twin custom-built dressing rooms
– Two further guest suites, both en-suite and superbly appointed
– Three further double bedrooms, one with an en-suite and two served by a generous family bathroom
– There is a further study, boot room, laundry room as well as ample loft storage space
– Underfloor heating throughout – 2 x LPG fired boilers
– Sophisticated smart heating controls
– Comprehensive plant and tech rooms – pressurised water system
– UPS protection
– Back-up generator
– Lutron Homeworks lighting system
– iPhone/iPad app for entire home
– 4K HDMI auto-home distribution system – integrated 4K smart TV’s
– Denon audio system
– Electric gates
– Double dressed windows – electric silent glass
– LPG AGA and electric AGA companion
– Oak flooring to reception areas, master bedroom and guest suites
– Stone flooring across the hallway, kitchen, boot room and study
– Bespoke stone fireplaces in hall, family room, games room and drawing room
– Smallbones bespoke oak kitchen with Star Galaxy Granite work surfaces
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
- 6 Bedrooms:
- 5 Bathrooms:
- 5 Living Rooms:
Probably one of the most spectacular estates in the New Forest, Chatley Wood House is an impressive 7,000 sq.ft. country house, that forms part of a 14,000 sq. ft. estate. Set in secluded grounds of approximately 20 acres this private and quintessential forest location benefits from unprecedented lake views.Built to exacting specifications by the existing owners, Chatley Wood House is a timeless beauty, enhanced by modern technology, making this a truly stunning yet comfortable home.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street