The stunning rural hamlet of Holtwood is close to the villages of Holt, Gaunts common and Furzehill which has local village stores and post office. The market town of Wimborne Minster is only a short drive away with two supermarkets (including Waitrose) there is an excellent range of shops, cafe’s and restaurants and a local theatre / cinema. There is good access for commuters via the A31 and A338 giving direct routes to Bournemouth (A 338) Southampton (A31) and M27 -M3 to London. There are mainline railway stations at Poole and Bournemouth leading directly to London Waterloo. Locally there is excellent state and private schools with primary and secondary schools at Wimborne and prep school (Dumpton) and public school (Canford).
– Spacious entrance hall with attractive oak floors featuring an oak staircase leading to the first floor accommodation
– Cloakroom with modern suite and cloaks cupboard
– Study with built in cupboards, to rear aspect and view over rear garden
– Dining room, with aspect to front elevation and modern linoleum floors
– The modern and stylish kitchen has an excellent range of base, wall and drawer units with stunning quartz worktops, concealed lighting to worktops which also include a breakfast bar
– Good quality built in appliances include an induction hob with extractor, double electric oven grille and warming drawer, integrated bin, dishwasher, integrated fridge / freezer, separate utility room with appliance space and plumbing for a washing machine and dryer
– The kitchen adjoins the dining room and also has steps down to the snug or second sitting room
– This pleasant room has a part vaulted ceiling with velux windows providing additional light and also features a wood burning stove providing additional heat to this delightful room
– Under floor heating in the kitchen and snug
– Lounge, aspect to rear elevation, built in wood burning stove
– Stairs to first floor part galleried landing
– Four first floor bedrooms with good quality built in bedroom furniture
– The master bedroom has an en-suite shower room comprising an oversized shower cubicle, overhead rainwater shower, wash hand basin, close coupled we and attractively tiled floors
– The guest bedroom has an en-suite shower room with three piece suite and a separate family bathroom
– The property is approached by a wide patio drive through a five bar gate into a large parking forecourt with parking for several cars which leads to a detached double garage
– The front gardens have been beautifully landscaped with a raised border well stocked with plants, small bushes and ground covering plants and a tall hedge to the front boundary
– Path at the side leading to the rear gardens which consist of a large Indian Stone raised terrace which is a superb alfresco dining area with steps down to a further terrace and into immaculate and well manicured lawns which are bordered by panel fencing and also a tree lined boundary
– There are further well stocked borders and some individual trees and a summer house
Energy Performance Rating: D Current: 69 Potential: 77
Council Tax Band: G
Living in Wimborne
Wimborne combines quintessential English market town with 21st century lifestyle. Beneath the 12th century Minster, Wimborne’s picturesque market square and quaint streets offer a mix of quality independents, national ‘names’, regular markets and a selection of cafes, restaurants and inns (including Number 9, The Tickled Pig, The Taphouse and Cafe on the Green among others).
There’s a Waitrose beside the River Allen, Art Deco Tivoli Theatre, Walford Mill Crafts, Priest’s House Museum, and Model Town. Facilities encompass a community hospital, recreation grounds for a variety of activities, and top golf courses at Canford Magna and Remedy Oak Golf Clubs.
Local schooling is impressive. Independents include acclaimed Canford School while a broad tranche of state schools are rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted – such as Colehill, Hayeswood, Merley, St James’ and St John’s First Schools, St Catherine’s Primary School, Allenbourn Middle School and Magna Academy.
Locals also benefit from Wimborne’s idyllic location – between the resorts of Bournemouth and Poole to the south and Cranborne Chase, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, to the north.
Looking for an Estate Agent in Wimborne? Spencers are here to help.
- 4 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 3 Living Rooms:
A beautifully presented four bedroom detached house which is located within a select development in the leafy backdrop of Holtwood. This immaculate home has recently been refurbished which includes a stunning kitchen with quartz worktops, a recent extension providing additional living space and attractive landscaped gardens with a large raised terrace.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street