– Large driveway providing off road parking for multiple vehicles
– Attractive entrance porch leading to large hallway
– The master bedroom is a well proportioned double bedroom, benefiting from a modern ensuite shower room and splendid views over the front gardens
– Bedroom two is also a lovely double bedroom with a large window overlooking the front path and gardens
– Large family bathroom with four piece suite, including a wooden panelled bath and a modern, walk in, single cubicle shower unit
– A spacious lounge which benefits from an attractive brick built fireplace and woodburning stove, adjoining this room is a useful separate office space which has pleasant views over the private gardens
– To the right hand side of the hallway is a large kitchen / breakfast / diner comprising of a modern kitchen with a gas hob, electric double oven, a half bowl sink with feature window and space for a fridge freezer
– A small utility area with WC and secondary rear hallway housing the recently fitted Worcester Bosch gas boiler run via LPG
– Outside there is a large and private rear garden with a Marley storage building and storage for the LPG behind this. There is also a single garage with attached covered storage
The property in situated adjacent to the open forest within the stunning New Forest National Park, which offers thousands of acres of natural heath and woodland, ideal for a variety of outdoor pursuits, particularly cycling and horse riding. There is a local farm shop, country pub and an excellent private school nearby, with the market town of Ringwood just 3 miles away. Ringwood offers a comprehensive array of independent and high street shops, cafes and restaurants, as well as supermarkets and two leisure centres, and superb private and state schooling. The A338 is easily accessible, providing links to the larger coastal towns of Bournemouth and Christchurch (approx. 10 miles South), Southampton (approx. 18 miles East via the A31/M27) and Salisbury (approx. 15 miles North).
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
£600,000 Offers in Excess of
- 3 Bedrooms:
- 2 Bathrooms:
- 2 Living Rooms:
A rare opportunity to acquire a 3 bedroom chalet bungalow situated on a large double plot in the highly desirable Mockbeggar. Situated a stones throw from the cattle grids and open forest, the property benefits from complete privacy and tremendous potential STPP.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street