– Front aspect living room which features an attractive brick fire surround with a wood burning stove.
– A beautiful kitchen/dining room fitted with a range of wood floor and drawer units with work surfaces over with space for Rangemaster oven; a lovely fitted corner bench and French doors opening onto the rear gardens
– Separate utility room which provides space and plumbing for a washing machine and tall fridge freezer, also providing additional storage. Situated off the utility is a WC with additional built in sliding storage and side door leading to the front and rear of the property.
– Staircase rising to the first floor landing providing access to two double bedrooms, bedroom 1 benefiting from double built-in cupboards and a bright double aspect.
– A tastefully appointed family bathroom comprising a traditional 3 piece white suite, finished with partly tiled walls.
– On the second floor, a double bedroom overlooking the rear aspect which has access into the eaves storage.
Council Tax Band: D
Energy Performance Rating: D Current: 68 Potential 81
All mains connected
This charming cottage is located in the small village of Redlynch which is adjacent to a private country estate, is close to the open forest (accessed at Telegraph Hill) has a local pub within walking distance. The New Forest National Park has over 140,000 acres of natural heath and woodlands offering paralleled outdoor pursuits of walking, excellent cycling and horse riding routes. The idyllic village is a short drive away from the small town of Fordingbridge which offers a comprehensive range of shops and amenities along with good schooling. Further north, about a 20 minute drive, is the cathedral city of Salisbury, with mainline railway station, extensive shopping facilities, cafes and restaurants. There are excellent schools locally at Downton, Fordingbridge and Ringwood, approximately 10 miles south, which also offers comprehensive shopping facilities, two major supermarkets and two sports and leisure clubs.
Living in Bramshaw
This is surely New Forest life at its most accessible. Turn off the M27 at junction one and you are immediately plunged into the quiet backwaters of the Forest, gently weaving past donkeys and ponies grazing in front of Hanzel and Gretel-style woodland cottages. This is Bramshaw, an attractive and peaceful parish that encompasses the hamlets of Brook and Fritham. Bramshaw is strung out. Its handful of amenities include Bramshaw Golf Club (with two courses, including Hampshire’s oldest course), village hall, rustic garage and Bentley showroom. There’s also a selection of good inns including The Bell Inn and Green Dragon at Brook and the Royal Oak at Fritham (a Forest institution and part of a working farm). Local groups range from Bramshaw Bunnies for pre-school toddlers to the local cricket club. Back roads through the Forest lead to Romsey, a thriving market town with numerous facilities (including Waitrose). Property comprises big, individual houses, farms and small-holdings, and cottages tucked down country lanes, scattered around glades and greens. The National Trust owns tracts of land here including Bramshaw Commons, thousands of acres of some of the best surviving examples of lowland heath in Europe.
Looking for an Estate Agent in Bramshaw? Spencers are here to help.
- 3 Bedrooms:
- 1 Bathrooms:
- 1 Living Rooms:
A charming three bedroom Victorian Cottage with character features throughout situated in an elevated position, gardens extending to approx. 300 ft, within the New Forest village of Redlynch. Outside, the property offers extensive landscaped gardens and a detached garage with parking area.
Energy Performance Rating: D
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street