GROUNDS & GARDENS
– Double electric gates to the south of the property give access to an illuminated and sweeping drive leading to a slate-paved turning circle with a beautiful central water feature – also approached via the north entrance
– Further parking forecourt offering space for numerous vehicles
– Two quadruple car showrooms adjacent to the property; complete with Porcelain tiled flooring and under floor heating, with an internal staircase to a storage area above. The second showroom comprises an external staircase leading to a first-floor studio. Both showrooms have a full fire and security system linked directly to the police and fire services
– Exquisite grounds which have been professionally landscaped; comprising stunning formal gardens edged with box hedging, long sweeping lawns and raised terraces finished in Limestone
– Entertaining area incorporating an extensive southerly-aspect terrace with a seating area adjacent to the kitchen which focuses upon a gas-flame effect fire with an adjacent water feature
– Steps leading to a lower BBQ terrace adjacent to the pool
– All-weather tennis court comprising a tennis pavilion with external speakers and a garden machinery store, also with provisions in place for floodlighting
– Garden irrigation system with underground water storage and auto top-up linked to a rain water harvesting system
The property in located in the highly sought after and picturesque New Forest hamlet of Highwood, within the New Forest National Park. This beautiful semi-rural location offers thousands of acres of heath and woodland for a variety of outdoor pursuits, particularly bike and horse riding. There is a popular country pub in nearby Rockford and convenient access to excellent private and state schools.
POINTS OF INTEREST
The Alice Lisle Inn 1.0 miles
Moyles Court School 1.0 miles
Ringwood School & Sixth Form 2.2 miles
Ringwood Town Centre 2.6 miles
Waitrose & Partners 2.6 miles
David Lloyd 3.3 miles
Moors Valley Country Park 6.2 miles
Ferndown Golf Course 8.6 miles
– Air Source heat pump supplying the hot water system and under floor heating
– Control 4 Home Automation system, accessible anywhere in the world, operating the lighting, blinds, heating, air conditioning, gates and garage doors and the temperature of the pool and Jacuzzi
– Intelligent zoned lighting system
– Audio system with integrated speakers, both internally and externally, including the tennis pavilion
– Private treatment plant drainage system
– 7,500-gallon irrigation system
– Lift providing access to three floors and private owners access to master suite
– Commercial grade water softener system servicing the entire property
– Renewable energy heat pumps and an LPG backup with underground tanks
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
- 6 Bedrooms:
- 6 Bathrooms:
- 8 Living Rooms:
An exquisite country home ideally situated in arguably one of the New Forest’s most sought-after locations. The property occupies an elevated and secluded plot set amongst approximately 10 acres of formal gardens and paddock land, with access to Rockford Common just minutes away. This substantial home was originally built in the late 1920’s and in recent years has undergone a 2-year re-build project, to include several large extensions, providing in excess of 10,000sqft of immaculate and high-specification accommodation set across four floors. Energy Performance Rating: TBC
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street