– Spacious entrance hall comprising tall vaulted ceilings, heated French limestone flooring, and a cloakroom benefiting from a period-style high-flush suite
– Double oak doors lead to a formal dining room, providing a great space for entertaining guests
– Stylish living room which features a bronze fire surround with a woodburning stove set upon a granite hearth, quality built-in bookshelves and a hidden bar; ideal for entertaining
– Stunning kitchen/breakfast room comprising a quality range of bespoke built base, wall and drawer units with pre-formed high-quality granite worktops, a central island unit offering additional storage and a bespoke built walk-in pantry
– Integrated appliances include an AGA range-style cooker with an extractor hood over, fridge/freezer, Franke instant hot water tap, Bosch dishwasher and a wine fridge
– Separate utility room offering further storage as well as space and plumbing for a washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher and an additional fridge/ freezer
– Walk-in plant room containing the hot water tanks, consumer units and a heat recovery unit
– Impressive solid oak bespoke built staircase leading to the galleried landing with a green oak vaulted ceiling, providing access to the six first-floor bedrooms; three of which have interlinked balconies
– Breath-taking master bedroom, which is situated to the rear of the property and benefits from a balcony enjoying stunning views across the Avon Valley. This opulent room also comprises a superb walk-in dressing room with a stylish paddle staircase leading to the loft, a generous en-suite shower room with an oversized walk-in shower, high end Corian worktops and is perfectly finished with quality Porcelain tiling
– Bedroom 2 and 3 also comprise beautiful en-suite shower rooms
– Bedroom 4 and 5 both share a large Jack and Jill bathroom with a modern and stylish suite
Avon Castle is an exclusive residential area set in the beautiful Avon Valley which borders the charming market town of Ringwood. Still home to the stunning castle, today Avon Castle is known as an up market private residential area where many of the mid-20th century properties have been replaced with substantial architect designed homes. The exquisite location is accessed along an established rhododendron lined drive, offering the feeling of seclusion and privacy, yet is conveniently situated just one and a half miles west of Ringwood with excellent road links. For the commuter, the easily accessible A338 and A31 provide convenient routes to the larger coastal towns of Bournemouth and Christchurch (approx. 8 miles south), Salisbury (approx. 18 miles north) and via the M27 to Southampton (approx. 17 miles east). London is approximately a two-hour drive via the M27 and M3.
THE LOCAL AREA
Ringwood is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just a short drive from the coast. It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters having undergone a re-identification; the old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independent and high street shops, cafes and restaurants. For the commuter, the cities of Salisbury and Southampton are easily reached via the A338 and the A31 and London is just an hour away via a train from Southampton Parkway. The larger shopping towns of Bournemouth (10 miles south) and Southampton (20 miles east), both of which have airports that are easily accessible.
GROUNDS & GARDENS
– Approached via double electric gates leading to spacious parking forecourt with beautiful manicured gardens and a grand oak-framed portico
– Oak-framed heritage style double car-port with a large adjoining workshop which has a boarded loft space above, full services connected and the additional benefit of a shower room and WC
– Beautifully landscaped south-facing rear gardens which are arranged across a number of levels, comprising a vast array of flowers, shrubs, ground covering plants and small trees, with a pathway leading down to the riverside
– Idyllic raised terrace adjacent to the rear of the property which is perfectly suited to al-fresco dining
– Two further terraces and a summerhouse which are ideally positioned alongside the river, boasting spectacular views
Energy Performance Rating: B Current: 82 Potential: 85
Council Tax Band: H
All mains services connected
Virtual tour available on request
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
- 6 Bedrooms:
- 4 Bathrooms:
- 3 Living Rooms:
*VIRTUAL VIEWING AVAILABLE - PLEASE CALL TO ARRANGE YOUR APPOINTMENT* - A magnificent six-bedroom contemporary home boasting direct river frontage with tremendous panoramic views across the River Avon and the Avon Valley beyond. Built in recent years, the property comprises stunning exposed oak beams throughout which ooze character and are a truly breath-taking feature. This superb home offers a private gated entrance, beautifully landscaped gardens, tranquil riverside terraces and a secluded and much sought-after position within the private estate of Avon Castle; rarely do properties of this calibre, in this location, become available. Energy Performance Rating: B
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street