GROUNDS & GARDENS
– A good-sized gravel drive providing off road parking for several vehicles, bordered by mature shrubs and hedges
– Access at the side of the property to the detached garage (used for storage), with electricity supply and personal door to the garden
– Southerly aspect rear gardens which are a particular feature of the property, having been beautifully landscaped; consisting of an extensive lawn with an abundance of established plants and fruit trees, and a good-sized patio adjacent to the rear of the kitchen and living room
– A separate section of garden furthest from the house, lends itself to growing vegetables
– Mature shrubs and hedges to the boundaries provide much privacy
– The garden also benefits from external lighting, water tap and weather proof electricity sockets
Energy Performance Rating: C Current: 72 Potential: 72
Council Tax Band: E
All mains serviced connected
THE SITUATION – Ringwood is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just a short drive from the coast. It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters having undergone a re-identification; the old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independent and high street shops, cafes and restaurants. For the commuter, the cities of Salisbury and Southampton are easily reached via the A338 and the A31 and London is just an hour away via a train from Southampton Parkway. The larger shopping towns of Bournemouth (10 miles south) and Southampton (20 miles east), both of which have airports that are easily accessible.
– Entrance hall giving access to the living accommodation, family bathroom and two of the four bedrooms
– Double aspect living room featuring an attractive, recently installed wood-burning stove, with double doors to the patio and gardens
– Impressive open-plan kitchen/family/dining room, with double aspect, sky light and bi-fold doors to the southerly aspect patio and gardens patio
– Quality fitted kitchen comprising a comprehensive range of bespoke painted wood units, with solid wood work surfaces over, including a large matching central island unit incorporating a breakfast bar, inset sink unit and integrated dishwasher. With space for an American style fridge/freezer and range style cooker
– Two ground floor bedrooms, each with a front aspect
– Family bathroom recently updated, comprising a panelled bath, corner shower unit WC and vanity wash basin, finished with attractively tiled walls
– Two first floor bedrooms, both with an aspect over the rear gardens, and each with built in cupboards
– ‘Jack and Jill’ shower room accessed from both bedrooms, comprising a modern suite, including a corner shower unit, WC and vanity wash basin
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
- 4 Bedrooms:
- 2 Bathrooms:
- 2 Living Rooms:
GENEROUS GARDEN - A beautifully presented four-bedroom detached property set in mature, extensive gardens, situated in a highly sought-after road with convenient access to local shops, schools and the New Forest. This deceptively spacious home has been extended by the current owners in recent years to provide an impressive open-plan kitchen/dining/family room with bi-fold doors opening onto the private, southerly aspect patio. Energy Performance Rating: C
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street