To the front of the property is an attractively graveled area, with a drive adjacent providing off road parking. A gate gives access to a further parking area and the detached garage. The rear garden is mainly laid to lawn and enclosed by panelled fencing. A gate to the rear boundary gives convenient pedestrian access to Gorley Road, with local schools, shop, doctors Surgery, and pub just a short walk away.
Energy Performance Rating: D
Council Tax Band: C
All mains services connected
The property is conveniently located within level walking distance of local
conveniences including a shop, dentist and doctors surgeries and the
Poulner Infant and Junior Schools, yet is just a short distance away from
the beautiful New Forest offering thousands of acres of natural heath and
woodland ideal for walking, cycling and riding. Ringwood town centre is
nearby, offering an excellent range of shops, boutiques, cafes and
restaurants as well as two well-known supermarkets and two leisure
centres. The easily accessible A338 provides links to the larger coastal
towns of Bournemouth and Christchurch (approximately 8 miles south),
the city of Salisbury (approximately 18 miles north), and Southampton
(approximately 18 miles east via the A31/M27). There are railway stations
and International airports at both Bournemouth and Southampton.
– Spacious entrance hall, with a modernised staircase to the first floor and storage cupboard
– Well proportioned living room with an aspect to the front
– Refurbished open-plan kitchen/dining room, comprising a good range of fitted units with complimentary work surfaces over, including a matching breakfast bar with an inset induction hob and extractor fan over. Appliances include a fitted electric oven, combination oven and warming drawer, integrated dishwasher and washing machine, and additional space for a fridge/freezer. Double doors and single door open onto the enclosed gardens
– First floor landing with window providing lots of natural light, with a hatch and pull down ladder giving access to the boarded loft.
– Three first floor bedrooms; two good sized doubles and a single.
– Family bathroom suite including a bath with shower over, WC and vanity unit incorporating a wash basin.
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
- 3 Bedrooms:
- 2 Bathrooms:
- 1 Living Rooms:
A spacious three bedroom semi detached house, comprising a stunning open-plan kitchen/dining room, with doors onto the enclosed gardens. This family home is situated in a quiet close, within walking distance of local schools and amenities. Energy performance rating: D
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street