Avon Castle is an exclusive residential area set in the beautiful Avon Valley which borders the charming market town of Ringwood. Still home to the stunning castle, today Avon Castle is known as an up market private residential area where many of the mid-20th century properties have been replaced with substantial architect designed homes. The exquisite location is accessed along an established rhododendron-lined drive, offering the feeling of seclusion and privacy, yet is conveniently situated just one and a half miles west of Ringwood with excellent road links. For the commuter, the easily accessible A338 and A31 provide convenient routes to the larger coastal towns of Bournemouth and Christchurch (approx. 8 miles south), Salisbury (approx. 18 miles north) and via the M27 to Southampton (approx. 17 miles east). London is approximately a two hours drive via the M27 and M3.
The property is approached through double gates to a long sweeping tree lined drive, which leads to a generous parking forecourt and an attached double garage. The front gardens are mainly lawned, edged by rhododendron bushes, pine trees and enclosed by a close boarded fenced boundary.
A path and gate lead to the side and rear gardens which are both mainly laid to lawn. The path continues around the property to a rear terrace.
The gardens have been designed for low maintenance and most of the beds consist of shrubs, trees and some ground covering plants. Featuring an attractive rockery garden. There is a separate and secluded area to the south side of the garden where the outdoor swimming pool is situated. This is an ideal entertaining area which also includes a large surrounding terrace and summerhouse.
Energy Performance Rating: C Current: 69 Potential: 76
Council Tax Band: G
All mains services connected
– Split level entrance hall, stairs to first floor
– Fitted kitchen comprising a range of base, wall and drawer units with Corian work tops and space for table and chairs
– Built in appliances include an eye level electric double oven, ceramic electric hob with cooker hood over and integrated dishwasher with space for fridge/freezer
– Separate utility room with plumbing and space for washing machine and dryer, Gas boiler supplying domestic hot water and central heating system
– Split level lounge featuring tall vaulted ceilings and a central fireplace with fitted wood burning stove on a granite hearth
– Family room with an attractive aspect over the private rear gardens and doors connecting to a bespoke conservatory, with a tall vaulted ceiling
– Master bedroom suite with a pleasant double aspect, comprising a luxurious en suite bathroom with a five piece suite which includes his and her wash basins
– Three further generous bedrooms and two bathrooms including a family bathroom with luxury five piece suite
– Stairs from the hall to a spacious storage room/games room, which leads to a study with Velux roof windows
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
- 4 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 3 Living Rooms:
An impressive detached four bedroom home which is situated along a private road within the sought after Avon Castle estate.
Built in 1991 this beautifully appointed property features a long sweeping entrance drive, generous gardens and a double garage.
Split level lounge and tall vaulted ceilings comprising a separate dining room, sitting room and bespoke conservatory, a modern kitchen/ breakfast room and a separate utility room. On the first floor is a useful storage room and study.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street