Avon Castle is an exclusive residential area set in the beautiful Avon Valley which borders the charming market town of Ringwood. Still home to the stunning castle, today Avon Castle is known as an up market private residential area where many of the mid-20th century properties have been replaced with substantial architect designed homes. The exquisite location is accessed along an established rhododendron-lined drive, offering the feeling of seclusion and privacy, yet is conveniently situated just one and a half miles west of Ringwood with excellent road links.
– Spectacular tiled entrance hallway with a vaulted ceiling, featuring a luxurious modern light aloft a central bifurcated glass staircase, leading to a galleried first floor landing area. There are large glass doors to roof windows above the composite front door allowing for an abundance of natural light; It is a breath-taking space from start to finish
– A large and luxurious kitchen/lounge/diner with a bank of fully fitted floor to ceiling white glass fronted cupboards as well as a central island with aspect onto the front and side garden via bi-fold doors. Being fully tiled throughout, the remaining areas allow for a snug and TV area with a central feature fire and further space for a dining / breakfast table. The kitchen then leads to a large utility area featuring further cupboard space and a WC with a door leading to the side patio
– The Kitchen fittings are as follows:- Miele 5 Ring Induction Hob, De Dietrich Downdraft Extractor, Villeroy and Boch 1.5 Sink, Zip hydro boiling and chilled instant water tap, De Dietrich double oven and single over plus a warming draw, full height integrated fridge, full height integrated freezer, Neff integrated dishwasher, wine Chiller, luxury quartz work surface to the central island
– The utility room fittings are as follows:- Washing machine, tumble Dryer, water Softener, separate WC
– A spacious and minimalist central dining room with bi-folding doors, inset wall shelving with mood downlighting and the continuation of the stunning porcelain floor tiles
– The comfortable lounge occupies a large square and carpeted space and has a real feeling of grandeur. There is a lovely fireplace and further bi-fold doors facing the rear of the property
– There is a study to the ground floor with wiring and space to fit a home automated system
– To the first floor is a galleried landing overlooking the central atrium. There are 4 double bedrooms, all fitted with the finest Porcelanosa en-suite bathrooms
The master bedroom is a marvellous suite featuring a stunning vaulted ceiling and dual droplet designer lighting. The windows and doors lead onto a large wrap around glass balcony maximising the outlook onto the stunning gardens. There is a spacious walk in dressing room and stunning bathroom comprising his and hers basins, WC large double ending freestanding bath, a further shower with a magnificent rainfall shower head.
There are 3 further well-appointed en-suite bedrooms, all of an excellent proportion and a large airing / boiler room cupboard. On the top floor there is a bedroom heated by separate radiators with Velux windows and an ensuite shower room, ideal as an additional bedroom or second office. It also provides great access to the eves storage.
Outside, the property is just as impressive as it is internally. To the rear of the property there is a substantial patio area that wraps around the side of the property and leads to a wonderful ornamental multi-tiered stepped garden. There is a variety of modern water features and planted areas that face towards a bespoke L shaped seated bench with a covered top and 2 skylights. The remainder of the rear garden is predominantly laid to lawn offering much privacy. There are the iconic Scots Pines to the rear boundary, typical of the Avon Castle region.
To the front of the property, there is a large driveway accessed via electric gates and a pitched roof double garage.
Both the ground and first floor of the property are run via under-floor area controlled heating systems and the second floor is via modern radiators. There is also a CCTV system fitted.
All mains services connected
Energy Performance Rating: C Current: 86 Potential: 88
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
£1,900,000 Offers In Excess Of
- 5 Bedrooms:
- 5 Bathrooms:
- 4 Living Rooms:
A stunning 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom detached residence of circa 6400sqft that has been built to exacting specifications by the existing owners. Occupying a delightful south westerly facing plot, the property has a wonderful feeling of space combined with a contemporary feel throughout, this truly is a classy statement home.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street