– The property has a spacious entrance hall with a cloaks cupboard, large storage cupboard and an airing cupboard
– All the internal doors are finished in attractive oak
– The lounge/dining room has a bright aspect with a central fireplace and electric fire fitted, also benefitting from French doors opening onto the balcony with views of the side gardens and beyond
– There is plenty of space for a dining room table and chairs
– The kitchen, which leads off the lounge, has an excellent range of oak effect base, wall and drawer units with ample work tops over
– An inset stainless-steel sink unit with chrome monobloc
– Eye level electric oven with grille with a microwave space above and an inset ceramic four ring electric hob with a stainless-steel cooker hood above
– The kitchen has a range of integrated appliances, such as a fridge freezer and space for a slimline dishwasher, finished with attractive tiled walls
– The bedroom is a bright and airy room with aspect to the side and a large built in wardrobe, with the adjacent wet room three piece shower room
– Outside there is a large courtyard and entrance where parking permits can be obtained for designated parking
– The communal gardens lead off the communal lounge and have an attractive terrace area with a gazebo and a kitchen garden
This property is conveniently located within walking distance of the town centre including doctors and dentists and all three Ringwood Schools, yet is just a short distance away from the beautiful New Forest offering thousands of acres of natural heath and woodland ideal for walking, cycling and riding. Ringwood town centre offers an excellent range of shops, boutiques, cafes and restaurants as well as two well-known supermarkets and two leisure centres. The easily accessible A338 provides links to the larger coastal towns of Bournemouth and Christchurch (approximately 8 miles south), the city of Salisbury (approximately 18 miles north), and Southampton (approximately 18 miles east via the A31/M27). There are railway stations and International airports at both Bournemouth and Southampton.
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
- 1 Bedrooms:
- 1 Bathrooms:
- 1 Living Rooms:
An immaculate one bedroom first floor retirement apartment which is conveniently located within a short walk of the town centre of Ringwood. Cornmantle Court is a modern development of 33 one and two-bedroom apartments specifically for the over 60’s. There is a spacious and impressive communal entrance hall leading into the residents’ lounge which overlooks the beautifully landscaped gardens. A house manager is available during the day as well as an emergency 24 hour call out system, if required. A fully equipped laundry room is available as well as a mobility scooter store and charging room.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street