Avon Castle is an exclusive residential area set in the beautiful Avon Valley which borders the charming market town of Ringwood. Still home to the stunning castle, today Avon Castle is known as an up market private residential area where many of the mid-20th century properties have been replaced with substantial architect designed homes. The exquisite location is accessed along an established rhododendron-lined drive, offering the feeling of seclusion and privacy, yet is conveniently situated just one and a half miles west of Ringwood with excellent road links. For the commuter, the easily accessible A338 and A31 provide convenient routes to the larger coastal towns of Bournemouth and Christchurch (approx. 8 miles south), Salisbury (approx. 18 miles north) and via the M27 to Southampton (approx. 17 miles east). London is approximately a two hours drive via the M27 and M3.
– Generous reception hall with luxurious engineered oak floors
– Living room with double aspect, open fireplace with wood burning stove, dining area and French doors leading out into the terrace and gardens
– Contemporary open plan kitchen/ living/ breakfast room with a vaulted ceiling, under floor heating, powder coated aluminium bi folding doors and finished with a modern range of base wall and drawer units with quartz work tops
– Built in appliances include Siemens three eye level electric ovens and warming drawer, integrated dishwasher, fridge/ freezer, wine fridge, induction hob with extractor over
– Ground floor study, modern cloakroom and under stairs storage
– Upstairs there is a large landing with access to the four first floor bedrooms and three bathrooms
– Master bedroom with built in bedroom furniture and a generous en suite bathroom with a modern and stylish four piece suite, high quality porcelain tiled walls and under floor heating
– The guest bedroom includes built in bedroom furniture and a luxury en suite shower room with three piece suite
– The family bathroom is generous in size and includes a modern four piece suite including a large walk in oversized shower, attractively tiled walls and under floor heating
The property is approached through twin opening wooden gates to a large paviour parking forecourt which leads to the integral double garage. The gardens surround the house with a raised lawn and steps leading down into a large surrounding terrace and a low brick wall which edges the gardens. There are two wooden outbuildings which include a summer house and a garden storage shed. The surrounding gardens consist of a variety of plants, trees and boxed edged borders creating a private and peaceful haven for wildlife.
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
Avon Castle, Ringwood
- 4 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 3 Living Rooms:
An impressive four bedroom detached family home with a mock Tudor facade and a modern and stylish feel throughout, featuring a stunning open plan kitchen / dining room. This beautifully presented home nestles perfectly into private and surrounding gardens and is located within an exclusive private estate just outside the market town of Ringwood.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street