Avon Castle is an exclusive residential area set in the beautiful Avon Valley which borders the charming market town of Ringwood. Still home to the stunning castle, today Avon Castle is known as an up market private residential area where many of the mid-20th century properties have been replaced with substantial architect designed homes. The exquisite location is accessed along an established rhododendron-lined drive, offering the feeling of seclusion and privacy, yet is conveniently situated just one and a half miles west of Ringwood with excellent road links.
Ringwood is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just a short drive from the coast. It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters having undergone a re-identification; the old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independent and high street shops, cafes and restaurants. For the commuter, the cities of Salisbury and Southampton are easily reached via the A338 and the A31 and London is just an hour away via a train from Southampton Parkway. The larger shopping towns of Bournemouth (10 miles south) and Southampton (20 miles east), both of which have airports that are easily accessible.
The property has been refurbished to an extremely high standard and benefits from a wonderful, tiered garden with a bespoke retaining wall. Internally the property has a spacious and luxurious feel ideal for a family.
– Large entrance hallway with an oak framed and glass vaulted staircase leading to a galleried landing
– Ground floor professionally appointed rubber floored and mirrored home gym
– Luxurious glass doors throughout the ground floor
– Beautifully appointed kitchen/lounge/diner featuring two Neff fan ovens, two Neff combi microwave ovens, integrated dishwasher, twin Neff fridge freezers, double wine coolers, water softener, Insinkerator hot water tap and a induction hob on a feature island with a centralised downdraft extractor
– Quartz work surfaces throughout the kitchen and utillity room with fitted iPhone charger with plug sockets and USB sockets in island
– This outlooks onto bi folding doors to the rear and front of the property with tiled floors throughout. There is a large wood burning stove in the lounge area of the property
– Large utility room with space for washer dryer and separate sink and a variety of additional units
– Recently added orangery with large roof lantern and underfloor heating and bi-folding doors leading to the rear patio
– The orangery connects nicely into the large and uniquely shaped lounge benefiting from a feature fire place and a sunken ceiling with colour changing shadow lighting
– Designer Vulcano radiators fitted throughout the ground floor
– Upstairs there are five good sized bedrooms with a brilliant master suite featuring a glass sliding door leading to a walk in wardrobe and a luxurious en-suite bathroom
– A large 1 bedroom refurnished annexe with separate entrance in immaculate condition
GROUNDS & GARDENS
– Large double garage with office above
– Impressive aluminium gated entrance leading to the front of the property
– Brilliant elevated position maximising sunlight all day long
– Outside, there is a fantastic retaining wall wrapping around the property with glass balcony and raised terraced area featuring a summerhouse
– There is a lovely and well matured lawned part of the garden off the rear of the property and behind the garage, there is a wonderful area of sloping woodland, with potential for a variety of ideas
Energy Performance Rating: C (House) & D (Annexe)
All mains services connected
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
- 5 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 3 Living Rooms:
Situated in the prestigious Avon Castle Location is this beautifully extended and refurbished five bedroom detached home benefiting from an additional annexe and situated in an acre plot. Energy Performance Rating: C
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street