– Spectacular entrance hallway with oak flooring continuing throughout, with a sweeping oak framed staircase leading to the galleried landing
– Beautifully appointed kitchen/dining room which has ceramic tiling throughout, featuring an extensive range of gloss wall, floor, and drawer units with granite work surface over incorporating a breakfast bar
– Appliances include AEG oven with combi microwave, five ring gas hob with stainless steel extractor over and dishwasher
– Adjacent, a useful utility room providing space and plumbing for white goods along with additional storage
– Beautiful triple aspect living room, feature inset log burner with slate hearth and French doors opening onto the rear garden
– Further ground floor rooms include family room, study, gym and cloakroom
– Upstairs, the galleried landing provides access to five excellent bedrooms, three of which are en suite
– Impressive master suite benefitting from a spacious walk-in dressing room with fitted wardrobes and en suite bathroom comprising of his and her basin, spa bath, rainfall shower, and WC, finished with stylish part-tiled walls.
The property is situated on the edge of the Avon Valley with the Historic market town of Ringwood only 2 miles distant and offering a comprehensive range of Shopping facilities, restaurants & Leisure facilities. The beautiful New Forest is also easily accessible with over 10,000 acres of natural heath and woodland for some of the country’s best, walking, cycling, and horse riding routes.
For the commuter, the cities of Salisbury and Southampton are easily reached via the A338 and the A31 and London is only 2 hours distant, via the M3. The larger shopping towns of Bournemouth (16 miles) east and Southampton (20 miles) west, both offer main railway routes and airports which are easily accessible.
Two electric gates give access to a sweeping carriage-style drive, flanked by lawns and enclosed mature hedging, to an extensive parking area in front of the property. The integral double garage has an electric remote-controlled door and can be accessed via a personal door to the rear. The rear wrap-around gardens are particularly secluded offering much privacy and are mainly laid to lawn, with a patio area adjacent to the property. In the corner of the gardens, a modern home office with power, light, French doors and full height windows overlooking the gardens.
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
- 5 Bedrooms:
- 4 Bathrooms:
- 4 Living Rooms:
A stunning 5 bedroom, 4 bathroom detached residence of circa 3700sqft, occupying a delightful south easterly facing plot approaching 0.6 acres, situated in one of the most sought-after roads just outside the market town of Ringwood.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street