The property is conveniently located within walking distance of the town centre including doctors and dentists and all three Ringwood Schools, yet is just a short distance away from the beautiful New Forest offering thousands of acres of natural heath and woodland ideal for walking, cycling and riding. Ringwood town centre offers an excellent range of shops, boutiques, cafes and restaurants as well as two well-known supermarkets and two leisure centres. The easily accessible A338 provides links to the larger coastal towns of Bournemouth and Christchurch (approximately 8 miles south), the city of Salisbury (approximately 18 miles north), and Southampton (approximately 18 miles east via the A31/M27). There are railway stations and International airports at both Bournemouth and Southampton.
– The property is approached via a wide in and out gravel driveway with the front boundary formed by a low brick wall
– There is plenty of off road parking here with access to the integral garage
– There is access at the side through a gate which leads to the generous rear gardens
– The rear gardens are a particular feature and whilst mainly laid to lawn, they have been designed for low maintenance and offer much privacy
– A large Indian sandstone terrace is adjacent to the rear of the house and also an open ended summerhouse which creates a wonderful alfresco dining and entertaining area
Energy Performance Rating: C Current: 70 Potential: 78
– Modern and stylish kitchen/breakfast room with beautiful quartz worktops
– A range of contemporary fitted units with hidden recessed lighting
– Quality AEG appliances which includes twin eye level ovens, microwave and an integrated dishwasher
– For cooling, built in Larder fridge, separate freezer and a wine fridge
– A built in central island unit with quartz worktops incorporating a breakfast bar and an AEG induction hob
– Separate utility room with additional storage space, appliance space for a washer and dryer, cloakroom and shower
– An impressive split level lounge/dining room with lovely tall ceilings, recessed fireplace with a fitted woodburning stove
– Additional ground floor room which is currently used as a day/games room or alternatively could be used as a study
– A large entrance hall with a stylish glass cut string balustrade and staircase leading to the first floor accommodation
– Four first floor bedrooms, two with built in bedroom furniture
– Master bedroom suite comprises a large range of built in wardrobes and several drawer sets
– En suite shower room comprising three piece suite which includes an oversized rainwater effect shower head
– Large family bathroom with a modern four piece suite featuring a free standing bath with chrome monobloc
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
£700,000 Offers in Excess of
- 4 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 3 Living Rooms:
***UNEXPECTEDLY REAVAILABLE*** A stunning four bedroom detached chalet style home which is perfectly set in generous well kept gardens, situated on the edge of the market town of Ringwood within the school catchment.
This attractive modern home features an impressive contemporary style kitchen/breakfast room, a magnificent split level lounge/dining room and a particularly useful self contained office/studio which is ideal for working from home.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street