Avon Castle is an exclusive residential area set in the beautiful Avon Valley which borders the charming market town of Ringwood. Still home to the stunning castle, today Avon Castle is known as an up market private residential area where many of the mid-20th century properties have been replaced with substantial architect designed homes. The exquisite location is accessed along an established rhododendron-lined drive, offering the feeling of seclusion and privacy, yet is conveniently situated just one and a half miles west of Ringwood with excellent road links.
– Outside there is a sweeping carriage style driveway with off road parking for plenty of cars, providing access to the double garage with an electric up and over door
– Parkland like gardens approaching 0.5 of an acre creating much privacy
– Adjacent to the living room, a westerly facing sun deck steps down to a lower paved patio area leading into the rear gardens
Energy Performance Rating: E Current: 44 Potential: 69
Council Tax Band: G
All mains services connected
– Impressive bright and airy reception hall leading to ground level accommodation, cupboard and WC
– The ground level houses a large vaulted lounge/dining room with a feature exposed Purbeck stone fireplace, as well as doors opening onto the westerly side decking and galleried window overlooking the stunning rear gardens
– A modern kitchen breakfast room with a comprehensive range of floor, wall and drawer shaker style units, fitted appliances including four ring electric hob and double oven and dual aspect windows to the front and side of the property, with doors leading out to the front gardens
– There are two ground floor double bedrooms including the master suite which comprises a large range of fitted wardrobes and an en suite bathroom including a large corner bath with shower attachment over
– The feature staircase through from the entrance hall leads to 3 further bedrooms upstairs, all benefitting from built in storage, serviced by the family bathroom comprising a three-piece suite
– On the lower ground floor, stairs lead to the study with a personal door into the double garage
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
£850,000 Guide Price
- 5 Bedrooms:
- 2 Bathrooms:
- 2 Living Rooms:
Fantastic opportunity to either extend and improve or rebuild (subject to necessary planning permissions) a superb modern residence in the ever so popular Avon Castle location. A unique four bedroom detached house approaching 2400 sqft offering versatile accommodation across three floors, situated in stunning parkland like gardens within a quiet cul-de-sac.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street