Located in a well established residential area in the market town of Ringwood; a charming town offering a comprehensive range of independent and high street shops, cafes and restaurants as well as excellent sports and leisure facilities and superb local schooling. The stunning New Forest National Park is a short distance away, offering thousands of acres of natural heath and woodland, ideal for walking, cycling and horse riding. For commuters the easily accessible A31 and A338 provide convenient links to the larger coastal towns of Bournemouth and Christchurch (approximately 10 miles south), to Southampton (approximately 20 miles east) and to Salisbury (approximately 18 miles north). There are internal airports and mainline railways stations at both Bournemouth and Southampton, and regular National Express coaches depart from Ringwood to London Victoria.
– The property comes with a 10yr building warranty
– Modern gas fired central heating system – underfloor heating to the ground floor and radiators to the first floor
– Oak internal doors
– CAT 5 cabling
– Beautiful Porcelain floor tiles in the entrance hall and kitchen/dining room
– Entrance hall comprising a double height ceiling with stunning chandelier and featuring attractive arched window
– Lounge featuring an attractive open brick fireplace with oak mantel and slate hearth, with the option to have a multi-fuel stove
– Separate family room with double doors opening onto the gardens
– Spacious kitchen/dining room comprising a range of modern fitted units with granite work-surfaces over, inset with a five-burner gas hob and one and a half bowl sink unit
– Integral appliances include a fridge/freezer, dishwasher and wine cooler
– Separate utility room with additional sink and space and plumbing for appliances
– Fully tiled ground floor shower room with modern fitted suite
– First floor landing comprising two built in cupboards with access to the partly boarded loft with integrated ladder
– Impressive master suite with fully tiled contemporary en-suite, comprising a large shower cubicle with rainwater shower, twin vanity sink unit, wall hung WC, heated towel rail and touch-illuminated mirror with digital time display
– Four further first floor bedrooms serviced by the modern family bathroom, comprising a bath with shower over, vanity unit with sink and WC, heated towel rail and touch-illuminated mirror
The property is approached through an electric gated entrance to a long sweeping drive, which leads to a large parking area and a detached, double oak-framed carport. There is access at either side of the house to the garden, which is mainly laid to lawn with a good-sized patio adjacent to the rear of the property. The gardens are enclosed by fencing and mature hedging.
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
£699,950 Offers In Excess Of
- 5 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 2 Living Rooms:
A brand-new five bedroom detached house, secluded from the road and positioned at the end of a long sweeping drive via an electric gated entrance. This well appointed home is situated within walking distance of local schools and offers over 2000 sq.ft. of accommodation, including two large reception rooms, a 29’ kitchen/breakfast room, five bedrooms and three bath/shower rooms. In addition to a large parking area, the property has the benefit of a detached double car-port and enclosed gardens.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street