This character property is conveniently located within level walking distance of local conveniences including a shop, dentist and doctor’s surgery and the Poulner Infant and Junior Schools. The property is just a short distance away from the beautiful New Forest offering thousands of acres of natural heath and woodland ideal for walking, cycling and riding. Ringwood town centre is nearby, offering an excellent range of shops, boutiques, cafes and restaurants as well as two well-known supermarkets and leisure centres. The easily accessible A338 provides links to the larger coastal towns of Bournemouth and Christchurch (approximately 8 miles south), the city of Salisbury (approximately 18 miles north), and Southampton (approximately 18 miles east via the A31/M27). There are railway stations and International airports at both Bournemouth and Southampton.
– Spacious entrance hall giving access to all accommodation and access to utility cupboard
– Generous, light and airy living room enjoying a dual aspect and French doors opening onto private patio and garden
– Adjacent, glass doors provide access to the fitted kitchen, with a good range of glass units with work surfaces over, integral appliances include; built in fridge/freezer, dishwasher, single over and four ring hob with extractor fan over
– Two double bedrooms, both benefitting built in wardrobes; the master has a lovely double aspect, as well as an en-suite 3 piece shower room, comprising a large corner shower finished with stylish tiled walls
– Fully tiled modern family bathroom, offering a bath with rainfall shower attachment over, basin, WC and heated towel rail
– Sweeping gravel driveway, leading to single bay car port benefitting with loft storage
– Private rear terrace and garden, mainly laid to lawn enclosed with closeboard fencing and a side gate provides access to the parking area
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
£299,950 Guide Price
- 2 Bedrooms:
- 2 Bathrooms:
- 1 Living Rooms:
NO FORWARD CHAIN! Built in 2009, an extremely well maintained ground floor apartment, situated on the outskirts of the New Forest, yet conveniently located with walking distance to local amenities. Comprising two double bedrooms, two modern bathrooms (one of which is en suite), contemporary kitchen and living room leading onto the private garden, also benefitting single bay car port with loft storage.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street