– Two double bedrooms with built-in wardrobes and additional storage
– Shower room fitted with double-width rainfall shower and contemporary white sanitary ware, with tumbled marble tiling
– Generous family room with French doors to decked terrace
– Double bedroom with built-in wardrobes, overlooking the sun terrace
– Family bathroom fitted with a white suite comprising corner bath, separate shower, pedestal wash hand basin and WC
– Utility room fitted with a range of white high gloss cabinets and oversized ceramic floor tiles, with a sink, electric oven, gas hob, wall mounted Worcester boiler, with door to rear garden
– Separate laundry with plumbing for a washing machine and space for additional appliance
– Open-plan kitchen/dining area fitted with stylish high gloss cabinets under black granite worktops with integral breakfast bar, 1½ bowl sink with granite drainer, plus a range of integrated appliances including a 5-ring gas hob with extractor, twin electric ovens, dish washer and fridge/freezer
– The kitchen is open to the dining area which features wooden floorboards with sliding doors to an L-shaped balcony with woodland views
– Spacious sitting room centring on a chimney breast with log burning stove, with wooden flooring and open access to a glazed breakfast area
– Spiral staircase leading down to the conservatory and sun terrace
– Impressive partially vaulted master bedroom suite with extensive range of built-in wardrobes and Colonial style blinds, with wide steps providing access to a private sun terrace with glass balustrade and two large walk-in storage areas
– En-suite bathroom with attractive tumbled marble tiling and Colonial style shutters, with a modern white suite of spa bath, corner shower, wash hand basin on vanity unit, WC, bidet and heated towel rail
– Dual aspect study/additional double bedroom with wooden flooring, partially vaulted ceiling and a circular glass wash hand basin
The property is situated in a sought after and established residential road in St Ives, within walking distance of St Ives Primary School. Also nearby is the beautiful Ringwood Forest, incorporating Moors Valley Country Park and golf course. Moors Valley offers one thousand acres of natural heath and woodland, a haven for a range of outdoor pursuits including walking, cycling and horse riding. The historic market town of Ringwood is approximately 2 miles away offering an array of independent and high street shops, cafes and restaurants as well as two supermarkets and leisure facilities. For the commuter the A31 and A338 are easily accessible providing direct routes to the larger coastal towns of Bournemouth and Christchurch (approximately 8 miles south), Southampton (approximately 20 miles east) and Salisbury (approximately 18 miles north). London is approximately a two-hour drive via the M27 and M3.
Outside, a carriage-style driveway leads around an attractive circular shrub bed with low level Box hedging, to the integral single garage. There is access either side of the property to the rear gardens and to an extensive paved terrace enclosed by wrought iron railings, which enjoys a southerly orientation. There is a timber storage shed and gated access to the split-level garden which features a large timber summerhouse and a variety of mature trees, with further steps leading to an area of lawn.
Energy Performance Rating: D Current: 67 Potential: 78
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
St Ives, Ringwood
- 6 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 2 Living Rooms:
A uniquely designed family residence providing versatility of use throughout its range of immaculately presented split-level living accommodation, which extends to approximately 3,000sqft. This property would also be suitable for dual family living as it provides potential to easily create a lower ground floor annexe if desired. The property occupies an elevated position at the end of this sought-after no-through road, with mature gardens backing onto adjacent woodland.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street