The property is situated in a sought after and established residential road in St Ives, within walking distance of St Ives Primary School. Also nearby is the beautiful Ringwood Forest, incorporating Moors Valley Country Park and golf course. Moors Valley offers one thousand acres of natural heath and woodland, a haven for a range of outdoor pursuits including walking, cycling and horse riding. The historic market town of Ringwood is approximately 2 miles away offering an array of independent and high street shops, cafes and restaurants as well as two supermarkets and leisure facilities. For the commuter the A31 and A338 are easily accessible providing direct routes to the larger coastal towns of Bournemouth and Christchurch (approximately 8 miles south), Southampton (approximately 20 miles east) and Salisbury (approximately 18 miles north). London is approximately a two-hour drive via the M27 and M3.
– Entrance hallway with access to side lobby and ground floor reception room that is currently being used as a home beauticians with a kitchenette and lift to bedroom above
– Large lounge with outlook over the garden below
– Well appointed kitchen with bright and airy breakfast area leading to a modern sunlounge, providing a lovely outlook down the garden
– Roomy utility room with space for various appliances
– Spacious centrally positioned dining room
– Split level staircase leading to 4 large bedrooms and 3 further bathrooms with the master bedroom having a superb outlook over the rear garden and greenery beyond
– The second bedroom is being occupied as a self-contained suite. benefitting from an en-suite bathroom and kitchenette facility as well as lift access
– The Annexe, which has most recently been used as a granny annexe by the current owners
– Externally, the property has a wonderful sloping garden with an abundance of shrubbery and feature Scots pines providing complete privacy
– There is an array of outbuildings and sheds that provide superb storage and a large terrace area that could be the ideal entertaining spot on a summers evening
– The property still has plenty of potential to re-configure and improve further if so wished STPP
– Large driveway with space for multiple vehicles
Energy Performance Rating: D Current: 67 Potential: 76
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
£710,000 Guide Price
St Ives, Ringwood
- 5 Bedrooms:
- 4 Bathrooms:
- 2 Living Rooms:
Annexe Potential! A brilliant opportunity to purchase a 5 bedroom detached split level house, benefitting from a large private plot offering plenty of off road parking for multiple vehicles. Internally, there is an abundance of flexible accommodation that is ideal for modern day family living and potential to work from home.
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street