Situated in St Leonards, this attractive home is just a short distance away from a local shop and the beautiful Moors Valley Country Park, located in neighbouring Ashley Heath, set in acres of natural heath and woodland incorporating a adventure playground, trail, and golf course and offering an idyllic setting for a range of outdoor pursuits such as cycling. The market town of Ringwood is just a couple of miles away offering a comprehensive range of shops, cafes, restaurants and boutiques as well as two leisure centres. For the commuter the A31 is easily accessible, providing links to; the A338 for Bournemouth and Christchurch (approx. 8 miles south), and to Salisbury (approx. 18 miles north); and the M27 for Southampton (approx. 18 miles east).
THE LOCAL AREA
Ringwood is positioned on the edge of the New Forest yet is just a short drive from the coast. It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters having undergone a re-identification; the old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independent and high street shops, cafes and restaurants. For the commuter, the cities of Salisbury and Southampton are easily reached via the A338 and the A31 and London is just an hour away via a train from Southampton Parkway. The larger shopping towns of Bournemouth (10 miles south) and Southampton (20 miles east), both of which have airports that are easily accessible.
– Spacious entrance hall providing access to all of the accommodation and a useful storage cupboard
– Spacious living room which features an electric flame-effect inset fire, which divides the kitchen/dining room
– Modern kitchen comprising a range of fitted gloss units with concealed lighting and Quartz work surfaces over, a breakfast bar and French doors leading out to the garden
– Integrated appliances include a Bosch double oven, four-ring induction hob, fridge/freezer, wine fridge and dishwasher
– Useful utility room which adjoins the kitchen and provides access to the garage storage and bedroom 4/snug, which comprises an en-suite shower room
– Master bedroom which benefits from a rear aspect which overlooks the rear garden, a modern en-suite shower room which comprises a shower with a rainfall shower head and a separate attachment, inset mirror with concealed lighting, wall-mounted WC and basin and a heated towel rail, complemented by stylish fully tiled walls and flooring
– Two further double bedrooms which overlook the front garden, both benefiting from built-in wardrobes and are serviced by the contemporary four-piece suite family bathroom
GROUNDS & GARDENS
– Approached via a block paviour driveway providing ample off-road parking and access to the garage storage.
– Westerly rear garden which offers a large patio area, is laid with artificial lawn and is enclosed by close board fencing which proves much privacy
Energy Performance Rating: D Current: 66 Potential: 81
Council Tax Band: E
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
£550,000 Offers in Excess of
St Leonards, Ringwood
- 4 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 1 Living Rooms:
RECENTLY MODERNISED - A modernised three/four-bedroom detached bungalow which is situated at the head of a quiet cul-de-sac, providing excellent access to the nearby towns of Ringwood and Ferndown. This immaculately presented home features an open-plan kitchen/dining/living room and four bedrooms with luxury bathroom suites. Outside, there is a generous parking area and a private rear garden. Energy Performance Rating: D
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street