– Spacious entrance which incorporates a built-in airing cupboard, cloakroom, WC, porcelain tiled flooring and provides access to all of the accommodation
– Generous L-shaped kitchen which comprises a good range of base, wall and drawer units with granite worktops over, an inset one and a half bowl sink, porcelain tiled floors, space for a dining table and chairs and double doors leading into the conservatory
– Integrated appliances include a Neff four-ring gas hob with an extractor hood over, an eye-level fan-assisted electric oven/grill with a warming drawer and a microwave oven, fridge/freezer and dishwasher
– Bright and airy orangery-style conservatory which offers electronically fitted blinds and four double doors leading out to the rear garden
– Cosy sitting room which can be accessed from both the conservatory and entrance hall, which comprises a full-height window providing pleasant view over the side garden and a Portuguese limestone fireplace with an electric flame-effect fire
– Separate dining room which is accessed via double doors leading from the entrance hall, featuring a pretty bay window overlooking the front aspect
– Useful utility room providing additional storage units, space and plumbing for a washing machine and dryer and a door leading to the integral garage
– Spacious master bedroom which boasts an en-suite shower room and a generous walk-in dressing room
– Bedroom 2 is also generously sized and benefits from an en-suite shower room and built-in wardrobes
– Bedrooms 3 and 4 are serviced by the family bathroom; bedroom 4 is currently being utilised as a study
GROUNDS & GARDENS
– Approached via a block paved driveway providing off-road parking and access to the integral garage which has an electric up and over door, an electricity and lighting supply and two doors leading into the utility room and out into the rear garden
– Beautiful front gardens which comprises a small expanse of lawn, interspersed by pretty shrubs and bordered by dwarf box hedging
– South-facing rear gardens which are mainly laid to lawn, complemented by a raised paved patio area which is ideally suited for al-fresco entertaining as well as a large timber summerhouse with an electricity and lighting supply and a garden shed
– Bordered by a range of specimen plants, mature shrubs and trees
Energy Performance Rating: D Current: 67 Potential: 81
Council Tax Band: F
Situated in St Leonards, this attractive home is just a short distance away from a local shop and the beautiful Moors Valley Country Park, located in neighbouring Ashley Heath, set in acres of natural heath and woodland incorporating a adventure playground, trail, and golf course and offering an idyllic setting for a range of outdoor pursuits such as cycling. The market town of Ringwood is just a couple of miles away offering a comprehensive range of shops, cafes and restaurants as well as two leisure centres. For the commuter the A31 is easily accessible, providing links to; the A338 for Bournemouth and Christchurch (approx. 8 miles south), and to Salisbury (approx. 18 miles north); and the M27 for Southampton (approx. 18 miles east).
THE LOCAL AREA
Ringwood is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just a short drive from the coast. It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters having undergone a re-identification; the old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independent and high street shops, cafes and restaurants. For the commuter, the cities of Salisbury and Southampton are easily reached via the A338 and the A31 and London is just an hour away via a train from Southampton Parkway. The larger shopping towns of Bournemouth (10 miles south) and Southampton (20 miles east), both of which have airports that are easily accessible.
Living in Ringwood
Ringwood offers the best of all worlds. This old market town is positioned on the edge of the New Forest, yet is just ten minutes drive to the coast and also has easy access to the A31, with London, Southampton and Winchester in one direction and Bournemouth in the other.
It is an increasingly popular destination for home hunters. Best known as the home of Ringwood Brewery (inspiration for the current boom in microbreweries), it is undergoing a re-identification. The old cattle market has been transformed into a stylish shopping quarter with names such as Aga, Hobbs, Joules, Waitrose and Waterstones, and a programme of events that includes live music and farmers’ markets. The adjacent high street has retained its character, with a traditional weekly market and a selection of independents, a new artisan bakery, and a variety of decent eateries such as Framptons and Noisy Lobster.
Families are attracted by the sense of community and highly regarded secondary school (its sixth form provision rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted). There is a wide range of property from thatched cottages, through Victorian and Edwardian villas to tree-lined closes of homes built between the wars and every decade from mid-century onwards.
To the north are the quieter, untouched reaches of the Forest and larger country houses. To the west Ringwood is bounded by the River Avon and Avon Castle, a private estate of big, individual, contemporary properties in large plots, many with views across the water meadows. Avon Castle appeals to those looking for privacy and seclusion, and also attracts people moving from London in search of country life combined with contemporary living. Looking for an Estate Agent in Ringwood? Spencers are here to help.
£650,000 Offers In Excess Of
St Leonards, Ringwood
- 4 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 3 Living Rooms:
SOUTH-FACING GARDEN - A spacious four-bedroom detached bungalow which is set in a highly sought-after cul-de-sac location in the residential area of St Leonards. The property offers spacious accommodation, four generously sized bedrooms, three quality bathroom suites and an impressive conservatory. The south-facing rear garden is an impressive feature, boasting a large summerhouse and access to the integral garage. Energy Performance Rating: D
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street