This desirable home is situated in the beautiful village of Frogham, which is situated in the parish of Hyde and is only 1.3 miles from the town of Fordingbridge. The market town of Ringwood is a short drive away, offering a superb range of shops, boutiques cafes and restaurants as well as good access via the A31 to both Bournemouth and Southampton. The village of Frogham forms part of the New Forest National Park, which offers 140,000 acres of open heath and woodland; perfect for outdoor pursuits including walking, riding and has the convenience of a quality local pub, the Forrester’s Arms. The larger city of Salisbury is approximately 8 miles away, offering a mainline railway station running to London Waterloo in just under 90 minutes. There are excellent schools, both state and private, in the area. The nearest airports are Hurn (Bournemouth) and Eastleigh (Southampton).
– Bright and spacious entrance hall leading to all of the ground-floor accommodation which features oak flooring
– Impressive open-plan dining room with an open-tread staircase to the first floor, oak flooring and French doors opening to a large patio overlooking the beautiful gardens
– Two ground-floor bedrooms which are serviced by a good-sized family bathroom with a three-piece suite and shower
– Two recessed wooden sliding doors giving access to the living room which overlooks the front aspect and features an open fireplace
– Well-fitted kitchen with a triple-aspect overlooking the grounds and fields beyond, benefiting from an excellent range of base, wall and drawer units with granite work tops
– Integrated appliances include a dishwasher, an electric four oven AGA and space for a fridge/freezer
– Separate utility room/cloakroom
– Study leading off from the dining room which has a pleasant front aspect and quality engineered oak floors
– Master bedroom featuring a large walk-in dressing room (which can be easily re-instated to a bedroom) and an en-suite shower room comprising a modern suite including a shower, wash-hand basin and close coupled WC
– Bedroom 2 is accessed via the staircase in the dining room and benefits from an en-suite bathroom with a three-piece suite and lovely views across the gardens and fields beyond
GROUNDS & GARDENS
The property is approached by a five-bar gate leading to a generous parking forecourt and the attached double garage. The rear gardens have been beautifully landscaped, featuring well-established flower and shrub borders. Adjacent to the rear of the property is a large raised terrace, ideally suited for al-fresco dining. The rear boundary borders open fields, offering a beautiful countryside view.
Energy Performance Rating: C Current: 71 Potential: 78
Council Tax Band: F
Mains electricity and water – Private drainage – Oil-fired central heating
Living in Fordingbridge
Fordingbridge, with its distinctive seven arch bridge spanning the River Avon, rewards discovery. This former market town enjoys an idyllic location between the heath and woodland of the New Forest and rolling chalk downlands of Cranborne Chase. The Avon Valley long-distance footpath from Salisbury to Christchurch runs through the town, meandering beside the Avon. Round and about are some of the loveliest villages, including Rockbourne with the remains of a Roman villa and good, popular pub, the Rose & Thistle, and delightful Breamore with its picturesque Marsh (surviving manorial green) and Elizabethan manor house.
Fordingbridge itself has a high street of interesting independents including an art gallery, architectural salvage yard (a great resource with treasures such as Victorian fireplaces), bookshop and boutiques, and essentials such as butchers and bakers. There’s also a great selection of pubs and restaurants in the area, such as The George in Fordingbridge, The Three Lions at Stuckton and The Foresters at Frogham.
Property in Fordingbridge and surrounding area represents good value for the New Forest and includes character cottages and modern family homes. Families are also attracted by the well-regarded independent schools of Forres Sandle Manor and Moyles Court.
Fordingbridge is positioned just off the main Salisbury to Christchurch Road, so there’s reasonable access to the road networks - including A31 at Ringwood.
Looking for an Estate Agent in Fordingbridge? Spencers are here to help.
£700,000 Offers In Excess Of
- 4 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 3 Living Rooms:
RURAL PROPERTY - This well-presented four-bedroom chalet-style home offers 2,300sqft of accommodation, situated in this delightful New Forest village, benefiting from superb views over the adjacent fields and forest. Outside, the grounds are of a generous size and have been beautifully landscaped, offering off-road parking, a double garage and access to the open forest nearby. Energy Performance Rating: C
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street