The property is situated in an idyllic forest fronting location on the outskirts of Sway, on the southern edge of the New Forest National Park. The location is ideal for those who enjoy walking or equestrian pursuits. Sway village centre is about three quarters of a mile away and offers a good selection of shops for everyday needs together with a doctors’ surgery, hairdressers, school, church, pubs and restaurants.
The village enjoys an active community with many clubs and associations to join. In addition, the mainline railway station makes for easy commuting to the larger towns of Bournemouth, Southampton and London Waterloo. The attractive Georgian market town of Lymington is only a short distance away offering comprehensive shopping facilities, together with a busy Saturday street market and excellent marinas and sailing facilities.
Externally, the property offers an attractive façade made up of white render and tile hung elevations set under a tiled pitched roof. Internally, the property has undergone an extensive programme of modernisation and offers beautifully appointed accommodation extending to approximately 1650 square feet.
● Covered porch
● Entrance hall – Stairs rising to first floor. Front aspect window
● Sitting room – Superb double aspect room extending the full depth of the property with feature inset Stovax wood burning stove and French doors opening onto the rear terrace.
● Dining room – Rear aspect window overlooking the terrace
● Kitchen/breakfast room – Double aspect room fitted with a range of contemporary units with granite work tops and appliances by renowned kitchen fitters Vivien & Holt. Built in Rangemaster and fridge-freezer, ceramic tiled flooring with under floor heating and French doors opening onto the side terrace
● Utility room – Fitted with arrange of modern units. Door opening onto side terrace
● Cloakroom – Comprising a wc and wash basin
● Landing area – Leading to all bedroom accommodation. Front aspect window offering elevated views across the adjoining farm land.
● Master bedroom – Front aspect window offering elevated views across the forest
● En-suite shower room – Comprising an oversized shower cubicle with glass screen, wash basin and wc. Tiled flooring and under floor heating
● Walk-in wardrobe – Built in shelving and hanging space
● Bedroom 2 – Front aspect window overlooking wild meadow land to the rear
● Bedroom 3 – Rear aspect window overlooking wild meadow land to the rear
● Family shower room – Comprising bath with shower attachments, wash basin and wc. Tiled flooring and under floor heating
The entrance to the property lies between two large trees providing a picturesque frame upon first entering.
The gravel driveway opens out and extends off to the left, providing plentiful off road parking facilities and access to a superb barn garage and carport.
The beautiful grounds are bounded to the front by a pretty post and rail fence extending the full width of the property, with a five bar gate opening onto a pathway which forks and leads up to steps to the front and side entrance.
Surrounding the house to the front, side and rear is a raised paved terrace accessed via three separate sets of steps. The terrace is bordered by attractive post and rail fencing and provides an ideal space for enjoying the sun and outdoor dining.
The beautiful gardens are predominantly laid to lawn with established tree and hedge borders.
Set within the grounds are a number of planted beds, as well as a delightful summer house in the far corner of the plot.
Living in Sway
This leafy village on the southern edge of the New Forest has everything you could want for family life in the Forest. There’s a village primary school rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted, a vibrant community with annual carnival, village hall (activities range from archery to yoga), plus cricket, football and tennis clubs. And while there’s easy access to the Forest’s open grassland, heathland and woodland for dog walking and cycling, Sway is off the Forest’s usual tourist tracks and feels peaceful and relaxed.
The village centre combines the unusual with the desirable: a contemporary arts hub, quality businesses like Sway Woodburning Centre, mainline railway station, choice of popular pubs, good cafe/deli, award-winning butcher’s, village store and post office among others.
Property is an attractive pick ‘n’ mix of everything including substantial country houses, individual modern builds in good-sized plots, family homes, imaginative refurbishments, closes of quality new terraces, chalet bungalows and a smattering of Edwardian semi-detached villas and thatched cottages.
Sway’s claims to fame include 200-foot high Sway Tower, the tallest structure made out of non-reinforced concrete, and the countryside around Sway was the setting for Captain Marryat’s work The Children of the New Forest.
Looking for Estate Agents in Sway? Spencers are here to help.
Marley Mount, Sway
- 3 Bedrooms:
- 2 Bathrooms:
- 2 Living Rooms:
An idyllic three bedroom detached cottage style residence set in beautiful countryside on the edge of the popular village of Sway. The property is located within a short walk of the open forest and further benefits from an oak car barn, off road parking and stunning elevated views across the forest. EPR: D
Spencers Brockenhurst Office
- 01590 622 551
56 Brookley Road