● A generous paved driveway with off road parking for plenty of cars
● Double Garage / Home Gymnasium
● To the rear, there is a partly paved and mainly laid to lawn rear garden, extending to approximately 160 ft. Boundaries formed by hedging and panelled fencing.
● A tremendous triple aspect kitchen/diner benefitting from a vaulted Velux and Karndean flooring. Comprising: Aspen white granite work surfaces and up-stands; an inset Stainless Steel Franke sink; fitted Neff single oven and combination oven; Neff integral dishwasher; a central island with Neff down-draft extractor and Neff induction hob. Space for an American fridge freezer
● Utility room also with granite work surfaces, an inset sink, fitted water softener and space for washing machine
● Spacious and elegant lounge featuring a central remote controlled living flame log-effect fire, with fittings for a recessed TV above
● Office that leads to a separate games room, with access to the garden via French doors
● Karndean tiled hallway and ground floor WC
● Luxurious superking-sized master bedroom benefitting from high quality fitted wardrobes and an attractive outlook over the gardens
● Large master en-suite comprising a double walk-in shower, WC and ‘his and hers’ basins
● Three further double bedrooms and a newly fitted family bathroom, comprising; an elegant panelled bath, separate shower with rainfall shower, a concealed WC cistern and wash basin
● Second floor home office (that could easily be converted back into a master suite) measuring 28 ft. Finished with Karndean flooring, Electric Velux blinds and air conditioning
● A newly fitted en-suite shower room with a rainfall shower, WC and wash basin
A pleasant and established residential road within easy reach of the town centre of Ferndown. The town offers a good range of shops, leisure facilities, cafes, restaurants and a championship golf course. Excellent road links provide convenient access to the larger coastal towns of Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole, with their beautiful beaches (approx. 10 miles south), and the easily accessible A31 provides links to the historic market town of Ringwood and the beautiful New Forest (approx. 6 miles east) offering thousands of acres of natural heath and woodland. Southampton is approximately 25 miles east (via the M27). There are airports at both Southampton and Bournemouth.
Living in Ferndown
Ferndown is a thriving town with a village feel. Positioned midway between the market towns of Ringwood and Wimborne Minster, the location is spot on for those who enjoy outdoors life. Ferndown is surrounded by open countryside and woodland: the New Forest to the east, Cranborne Chase to the north and west, while the coast is to the south. The name is derived from the Anglo-Saxon for wooded hill and the area is still green and leafy. Open spaces include Ferndown Common and Parley Common, totalling 526 acres of heathland, and woodland plantations of Ferndown Forest and West Moors, all criss-crossed by footpaths including long distance Stour Valley Way.
Ferndown is well known for its excellent golf courses, among them Ferndown Golf Club (favoured by Peter Allis), picturesque Ferndown Forest Golf Club, and the Championship Course at Dudsbury Golf Club. Further outstanding facilities include King George V Playing Fields with boules court, bowling green, cricket pitch, croquet lawn, four football pitches, six tennis courts and skateboard park. In town Ferndown Leisure Centre has swimming pools, gym, squash courts and sports hall. Out of town Moors Valley Country Park offers 1,000 acres of forest and heathland with cycle routes, tree top trail, golf course and more.
Overall, Ferndown’s focus is on leisure, a comfortable lifestyle and community. The town centre includes a modern shopping complex and a mix of high street names, superstores and quality independents including butcher, baker and greengrocer. A selection of cafes, pub and restaurants includes highly recommended The Kings Arms at Longham and The Pear at Parley.
Transport links are good, too. The A31 skirts Ferndown to the north, running east to the M27 and M3. Bournemouth Station is seven miles away (London in approximately two hours) and Bournemouth Airport is four miles.
West Parley, Ferndown
- 5 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 2 Living Rooms:
A wonderful opportunity to purchase an extensive and modern family home approaching 2800 sq.ft. situated in a highly desirable location. Benefiting from five superbly appointed double bedrooms and a breathtaking kitchen/diner, viewing is highly recommended to appreciate all that the property has to offer. Energy Performance Rating: D
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street