– Spacious entrance hall with tiled flooring and illuminated shelved recess
– Open-plan kitchen/breakfast room fitted with a range of Shaker style units with granite-effect work surfaces over, a single door giving access to the rear patio and gardens and double doors leading to the sitting room
– Appliances include: an electric AGA, slim line dishwasher and built-in fridge/freezer
– Separate utility room comprising; fitted oak units, an additional sink unit, electric oven and gas hob, water softener and space for additional appliances
– Good-sized living room featuring a Jetmaster fireplace and a floor to ceiling window overlooking the attractive front garden
– Rear conservatory with a pitched roof and doors opening onto the patio and gardens
– Generous master bedroom with two double wardrobes, French doors to the gardens and en-suite comprising; a large shower cubicle, basin, WC, bidet, heated towel rail and under floor heating
– Guest bedroom also benefiting from an en-suite shower room comprising; a shower cubicle, hand wash basin, WC, heated towel rail and slip-resistant flooring
– Two further bedrooms with a rural outlook
– Updated family bathroom suite comprising; bath, WC, wash basin and heated towel rail, finished with contemporary tiling and attractive window shutters
GROUNDS & GARDENS
The property is approached via a wooden five bar gate to a gravel drive which provides parking for several vehicles and features a timber-framed car port which incorporates an enclosed workshop with a side door giving access. There is a further parking space to the front boundary, which is suitable for a caravan or boat. The front garden is enclosed by hedging and post and rail fencing, with the lawn bordered by shrubs and encompassing an abundance of wildflowers. A gate to the side of the property leads to the rear gardens, which are a particular feature of this lovely property, having been carefully landscaped by the current owners. An extensive raised patio lies adjacent to the rear of the property and takes advantage of the late afternoon sun. Steps lead down to the sweeping lawn, which is interspersed with numerous well-stocked flower and shrub beds, specimen trees and raised vegetable beds, with a gravel path meandering through to the shed. A further lower patio offers some shade. To the rear of the garden is an attractive pond and water feature which is bordered by more mature plants.
Please note: some of the external garden shots were photographed during summertime
Energy Performance Rating: E Current: 52 Potential: 82
Council Tax Band: E
Mains electricity and water – Private drainage – LPG gas
THE LOCAL AREA
The property is situated in the picturesque New Forest village of Woodgreen, located within the idyllic and unspoilt North Westerly corner of the New Forest National Park. Woodgreen is a delightful thriving village providing a local pub, post office/village store, village hall, church and village green, yet is just a short drive away from the small town of Fordingbridge, comprising a comprehensive range of shopping facilities and amenities as well as good schooling. The surrounding New Forest offers thousands of acres of heath and woodland ideal for a variety of outdoor pursuits, particularly bike and horse riding. The easily accessible A338 gives access to the cathedral city of Salisbury, with mainline railway to London (approximately 8 miles north), and the bustling coastal towns of Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole (approximately 18 miles south). Southampton is approximately 20 miles east (via the M27), and London approximately a two hour drive (via the M27/M3/M25).
AS THE CROW FLIES…
The Horse & Groom – 0.4 miles
Woodgreen Award Winning Community Shop – 0.5 miles
Breamore Primary School – 1.4 miles
Burgate School & Sixth Form – 3.1 miles
Fordingbridge Town Centre – 3.8 miles
Ringwood Town Centre – 9.9 miles
Living in Fordingbridge
Fordingbridge, with its distinctive seven arch bridge spanning the River Avon, rewards discovery. This former market town enjoys an idyllic location between the heath and woodland of the New Forest and rolling chalk downlands of Cranborne Chase. The Avon Valley long-distance footpath from Salisbury to Christchurch runs through the town, meandering beside the Avon. Round and about are some of the loveliest villages, including Rockbourne with the remains of a Roman villa and good, popular pub, the Rose & Thistle, and delightful Breamore with its picturesque Marsh (surviving manorial green) and Elizabethan manor house.
Fordingbridge itself has a high street of interesting independents including an art gallery, architectural salvage yard (a great resource with treasures such as Victorian fireplaces), bookshop and boutiques, and essentials such as butchers and bakers. There’s also a great selection of pubs and restaurants in the area, such as The George in Fordingbridge, The Three Lions at Stuckton and The Foresters at Frogham.
Property in Fordingbridge and surrounding area represents good value for the New Forest and includes character cottages and modern family homes. Families are also attracted by the well-regarded independent schools of Forres Sandle Manor and Moyles Court.
Fordingbridge is positioned just off the main Salisbury to Christchurch Road, so there’s reasonable access to the road networks - including A31 at Ringwood.
Looking for an Estate Agent in Fordingbridge? Spencers are here to help.
£685,000 Guide Price
- 4 Bedrooms:
- 3 Bathrooms:
- 2 Living Rooms:
*VIRTUAL VIEWING AVAILABLE - PLEASE CALL TO ARRANGE YOUR APPOINTMENT* - Sought-after Village Location - An extremely well-presented four-bedroom detached bungalow situated in the sought-after village of Woodgreen, within the beautiful New Forest National Park. The property offers spacious and versatile accommodation throughout, including a 20ft living room, a rear conservatory, an open-plan kitchen/breakfast room and four bedrooms (two en-suite) all set within beautifully landscaped gardens. Further benefitting from a car port, workshop and parking for several vehicles. Energy Performance Rating: E
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street