– Externally, there is a brilliant log cabin/home office and a picturesque seating area facing towards the fields beyond
– The property is accessed via a five-bar gate and has a driveway with space for plenty of vehicles
Energy Performance Rating: E
Private Drainage and Oil Central Heating
The property is situated in the picturesque New Forest village of Woodgreen, located within the idyllic and unspoilt North Westerly corner of the New Forest National Park.
Woodgreen is a delightful thriving village providing a local pub, post office/village store, village hall, church and village green, yet is just a short drive away from the small town of Fordingbridge, comprising a comprehensive range of shopping facilities and amenities as well as good schooling.
The surrounding New Forest offers thousands of acres of heath and woodland ideal for a variety of outdoor pursuits, particularly bike and horse riding.
The easily accessible A338 gives access to the cathedral city of Salisbury, with mainline railway to London (approximately 8 miles north), and the bustling coastal towns of Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole (approximately 18 miles south). Southampton is approximately 20 miles east (via the M27), and London approximately a two hour drive (via the M27/M3/M25).
– Large entrance hallway with plenty of storage cupboards
– Ground floor master suite the right-hand side benefiting from a luxurious en-suite bathroom including a TV fitted above the bath, a remote controlled shower, heated mirror and under floor heating; as well as space for wardrobes and furniture with a feature window overlooking the garden
– Homely lounge area with designer wood burning stove
– Newly fitted orangery with electric roof windows, maximising the garden setting
– Large ground floor study
– Character filled dining room
– Kitchen breakfast area with side door access onto the side decking and pond area
– Upstairs there are three very well-proportioned bedrooms with the potential for an upstairs office or arts and crafts room
Living in Fordingbridge
Fordingbridge, with its distinctive seven arch bridge spanning the River Avon, rewards discovery. This former market town enjoys an idyllic location between the heath and woodland of the New Forest and rolling chalk downlands of Cranborne Chase. The Avon Valley long-distance footpath from Salisbury to Christchurch runs through the town, meandering beside the Avon. Round and about are some of the loveliest villages, including Rockbourne with the remains of a Roman villa and good, popular pub, the Rose & Thistle, and delightful Breamore with its picturesque Marsh (surviving manorial green) and Elizabethan manor house.
Fordingbridge itself has a high street of interesting independents including an art gallery, architectural salvage yard (a great resource with treasures such as Victorian fireplaces), bookshop and boutiques, and essentials such as butchers and bakers. There’s also a great selection of pubs and restaurants in the area, such as The George in Fordingbridge, The Three Lions at Stuckton and The Foresters at Frogham.
Property in Fordingbridge and surrounding area represents good value for the New Forest and includes character cottages and modern family homes. Families are also attracted by the well-regarded independent schools of Forres Sandle Manor and Moyles Court.
Fordingbridge is positioned just off the main Salisbury to Christchurch Road, so there’s reasonable access to the road networks - including A31 at Ringwood.
Looking for an Estate Agent in Fordingbridge? Spencers are here to help.
- 4 Bedrooms:
- 2 Bathrooms:
- 4 Living Rooms:
A delightful late 1920’s home in Lower Densome Wood in a glorious 0.6 acre plot benefitting from far reaching views across neighbouring fields and paddocks across to Breamore House
Spencers Ringwood Office
- 01425 462 600
42 High Street